Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Facts

Winky is one of those dudes, that's not losing to a smaller fighter. If you can't hurt him or seriously outwork him, your chances of victory drop tremendously.
thats a fun fight to visualize. winky trying to put that jab on floyd and floyd trying to put that pull counter on that jab.

floyd was sharp no question but in 2005, he stopped bruseles, gatti, and mitchell breh..at least the gatti was a real real highlight beat down...but it wasnt until he went fully into 147 that the ko's didnt come like that no more

i think after 05, floyd became more of a guy to just coast to victories, i felt like in 05 he was really gunning for those stoppages.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
how is that a big statement? i dont think you have a bad pick. but i would never feel comfortable picking against floyd, put it that way.

True
I think Floyd beats the shyt out of 154 Sergio Martinez, but Winky is a whole different story. He doesn't make enough mistakes for a guy like Floyd, plus he naturally bigger and stronger. Just an all around bad match up for dude. He still has a chance tho.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think after 05, floyd became more of a guy to just coast to victories, i felt like in 05 he was really gunning for those stoppages.

Let it go to the judges, where there’s a possibility you can be robbed?

No man no fighter approaches boxing this way

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Povetkin-Whyte Rematch Announced As PPV Headliner November 21
By Keith Idec

Published On Tue Sep 15, 2020, 09:37 AM EST

Dillian Whyte won’t waste any time in attempting to avenge his brutal knockout loss to Alexander Povetkin.

Promoter Eddie Hearn and Sky Sports announced Tuesday that the Povetkin-Whyte rematch is set for November 21. The site for their second heavyweight fight wasn’t announced Tuesday.

Just like their first fight, Povetkin-Whyte II will headline a Sky Sports Box Office pay-per-view show. Their rematch represents a quick turnaround for Whyte, who was knocked cold by Povetkin’s vicious left uppercut in the fifth round August 22 at Matchroom Boxing’s headquarters in Brentwood, England.

“I’m over the moon to have the rematch,” Whyte said in a press release. “As soon as I got out of the ring, I was looking for confirmation that the fight would be on. I can’t wait to get back in the ring and get back what is rightfully mine. I’m looking to do what I said I would the first time, and that’s beat Alexander Povetkin.”

whyte-povetkin%20(6)_2020_08_20_171727.jpg

London’s Whyte dropped Povetkin twice in the fourth round and appeared well on his way to winning their scheduled 12-round battle by knockout. Russia’s Povetkin recovered and pulled off an unforeseen upset when he unloaded an uppercut that knocked Whyte cold.

The 41-year-old Povetkin (36-2-1, 25 KOs) won the WBC interim title from Whyte (27-2, 18 KOs) and temporarily eliminated him from title contention. The 32-year-old Whyte was the WBC’s number one contender for more than two years and had won 11 straight bouts before Povetkin beat him.

“There won’t be any major adjustments, but I just need to be more switched on and not get distracted,” Whyte said. “He was able to use his experience against me. I will be a lot more focused and sharper in the rematch. I’m coming to win and knock him out. I’m coming to even the score, and the only way to do that is by knocking him out.”

Povetkin is looking forward to proving his impressive victory last month wasn’t a fluke.

“I’ve rested well, spent time with my family,” Povetkin said, “and now that the date of the rematch is known, I will soon return to my training camp and prepare as thoroughly as I did for the first fight. As I said before the first fight, and after it, too, Dillian Whyte is a good, strong boxer. I will be ready to enter the ring on November 21. I hope it will be another beautiful fight for the fans.”

DAZN is expected to stream the Povetkin-Whyte card in the United States, but a rights deal hadn’t been finalized as of Tuesday.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
How much you guys paying in the US to see a fight live ? I was trying to go watch Yoka-Duhaupas but the 40€ rafters seats are gone and now minimum is 75€. I feel like the card is too shytty to spend that much.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
How much you guys paying in the US to see a fight live ? I was trying to go watch Yoka-Duhaupas but the 40€ rafters seats are gone and now minimum is 75€. I feel like the card is too shytty to spend that much.

it depends on the card itself..from 80 to 200 something US dollars..depending on where you need to be, what vendor you use, and what deal you get