Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
this fight never made sense

it was a situation where a smaller fighter, desperate for the big paydays, calls out a much bigger man (ie ggg/brook, Canelo/khan, Spence/Garcia).

If you remember, this was right after the Gatti fight. Floyd hadn’t even fought at 147 yet.
who do you think wins that fight?

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
And for all we know these guys might not even be the lunatics we came to know them but simply opportunistic vloggers for hire.

All that shyt they talked about mainstream media favoring certain promoters/fighters and they end up exposed by a guy who paid them off, you can’t make this shyt up.

“New Media” is much like “old media” just with a new PR image huh?
This is what they turned into. The original guys weren’t like that until the money really started rolling in then that’s when the switch happened.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
At that point in time, I would have picked Wright. He was on fire during that time, as he was in his prime and would have had a 14 lbs weight advantage.
so you think winky is the guy who takes floyd's 0 thats a big statement; floyd was on fire at that time as well, in my mind, at his peak. stopped gatti, couple months later, stopped sharmba mitchell. that was a fun little point in time for boxing.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
so you think winky is the guy who takes floyd's 0 thats a big statement; floyd was on fire at that time as well, in my mind, at his peak. stopped gatti, couple months later, stopped sharmba mitchell. that was a fun little point in time for boxing.
stopping gatti is one thing but stopping sharmba mitchell didnt really do anything for me

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How is that a big statement? That is probably the most realistic scenario for him to lose his 0, which is by fighting a guy that’s 2 weight classes about him.

I do view Mayweather as the better fighter in a p4p sense. In fact, I would probably pick a fully acclimated WW version of Mayweather. However in 2005, I’m picking Winky.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
stopping gatti is one thing but stopping sharmba mitchell didnt really do anything for me

Word
Mitchell already got bodied by Kostya and this fight was at 147 which wasn't Mitchell's best weight.

I think we get a much better fight if this was the Mitchell that was during his 140 comeback run leading up to the Kostya rematch, cuz dude was operating at his highest level then.

I

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think people forget how dominant Winky could be, due to how badly he managed his career at the end.

he did have a strong run as a top 154 lber by 2005..i mean he made tito look like a novice...which was a surprise :heh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think people forget how dominant Winky could be, due to how badly he managed his career at the end.

Facts

Winky is one of those dudes, that's not losing to a smaller fighter. If you can't hurt him or seriously outwork him, your chances of victory drop tremendously.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
that 05 floyd, thats the sharpest ive seen floyd operate. floyd is not the type of guy to be stopping anybody and he might more times than not take a guy like a gatti or a guy like a sharmba the distance, sort of just coast. i think he got both of them out of there before the midway mark. in 05 he was razor sharp.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
How is that a big statement? That is probably the most realistic scenario for him to lose his 0, which is by fighting a guy that’s 2 weight classes about him.

I do view Mayweather as the better fighter in a p4p sense. In fact, I would probably pick a fully acclimated WW version of Mayweather. However in 2005, I’m picking Winky.
how is that a big statement? i dont think you have a bad pick. but i would never feel comfortable picking against floyd, put it that way.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
that 05 floyd, thats the sharpest ive seen floyd operate. floyd is not the type of guy to be stopping anybody and he might more times than not take a guy like a gatti or a guy like a sharmba the distance, sort of just coast. i think he got both of them out of there before the midway mark. in 05 he was razor sharp.

floyd was sharp no question but in 2005, he stopped bruseles, gatti, and mitchell breh..at least the gatti was a real real highlight beat down...but it wasnt until he went fully into 147 that the ko's didnt come like that no more

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Despite his hand problems, Floyd can stop naturally smaller guys (guys most effective at 140 and below). It’s the natural WW’s that he’s not really going to stop.