Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
namely that lot of these buys actually covered by more viewers cause ppl make fight parties and split the price or something then I can imagine that during the times - when many ppl don't eve like to go out to shop not to hold parties - less ppl will buy PPVs just for themselves.

not sure where you are but the bolded is a mixed bag in the states. I'm chilling but ALOT of people are going about their biz normally. Having cookouts, baby showers, clubs have been pretty much packed in places like Atlanta etc. Restaurants allow indoor dining in my state now and we were relatively strict on the restrictions.

Hate to say it but I think GRJ getting cold feet.. Money was agreed to.. Contract was sent.. fukk is the problem :hhh:

It hasn't been that much time but seems weird that GRJ went silent after constantly posting shyt. Haney mentioned wanting a fight in December but they seem in a hurry acting like they ready to move on to Gamboa already

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Why do these new age hw come in looking doughy?? They never win the big fights
Word. They want that extra weight for clinch and damage soak but only one that look like that thats gonna win big is fury and he has great boxing conditioning not relying on the clinch chit so........

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nicholas Walters Planned Ring Return Before Pandemic Began
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Sun Sep 13, 2020, 04:54 AM EST

According to Stephen Jones, president of the Jamaica Boxing Board (JBB), former world champion Nicholas ‘Axeman’ Walters had planned to return to the ring before the coronavirus pandemic broke out.

Walters has been out of the ring since 2016, when he was stopped by Vasiliy Lomachenko in seven rounds.

Coming into that fight, Walters (26-1-1, 21 KOs) had been out of the ring for a year.

walters_axeman%20(720x509).jpg

Even before the loss to Lomachenko, there were problems brewing in Walters career.

He failed to make weight for a bout with Miguel Marriaga in 2015. And then he fought to a draw with Jason Sosa, although most observers felt Walters had done enough to win.

Jones revealed that the 34-year-old former champion was in the process of coming back.

“Based on the conversation I had with him, I truly think he is still in the sport and this would have been the year he would be coming back. When we spoke earlier this year in person, he was talking to his managers about coming back and coming back with a bang and he wanted to use Jamaica as a platform to do that. But then the COVID hit and I haven’t spoke to him since to know if he still has that mindset. But boxing was still his passion and his mindset was good and he was speaking about going back to that top level,” Jones told The Sunday Gleaner.

“He knows what it takes to get to the top and he knows what steps he has to take, so it’s just a matter of his mind and his mind was ready to put in the work and get back in the game. He was in Panama getting himself back in the right condition and his first objective was getting back to a weight that was comfortable.

“I definitely think it is possible (to get back to the top) but he has to want it. He has the talent but that alone won’t do,” Jones noted. “This is boxing and rest and rust go hand-in-hand and when other people are on top of their game, you can’t just leave off and come back, as there are good fighters in various classes. But he is a tremendous talent, so if he puts in the work he has a very good chance of being in the top ten again. He has left a lot on the table and before too much time passes he should come back and collect it.”

Tags:
Nicholas Walters

man i dont know where things went wrong with this guy...bruh was entertaining as fukk to watch..but he hasnt fought in 4 years...cant be trying to get down to 126-130