Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I scored both fights 114-113 for the triple gawd

However I think Jacobs came to spoil and survive. It was a good fight but it could have been great if Jacobs didnt fight kinda scary.. esp since his big ass purposely blew weight lol

Derevyanchenko though came to win and fought like it. A top 5 FOTY minimum for 2019 that was a war of attrition. I had a stronger feeling the judges could give it to him.

So yeah derevyanchenko

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Its like building around a great draft pick.
DAZN had a Mayweather type of idea, but with a Clottey type of execution. :hhh:

1. Should have signed him for less fights. Like 4 for example. With dude schedule he would have been done with that shyt in 2 years. They definitely had the funds to do it.

2. Should have had the exact fights they wanted from him specifically placed in the contract. (GGG, Andrade, BJS, Smith) Saying premier opponents ain't enough. I definitely would disagree with Fielding, Jacobs, and Kovalev as premier opponents. Jacobs was the only solid fight, but by no means was it some type of event. Just like I would disagree with Oscar and them UFC nikkas as premier opponents. They could have offered Canelo like 200 mil for those 4 fights. At least one of them would have turned into a FOTY and the GGG rubber match would have brought in a gang of new subscribers off rip. Plus it would have had a trickle down effect in boxing because the other big names would want to face more top opponents in their divisions.

3. Should have had their own prospect or promising contender that they pushed around those Canelo or Joshua cards so he would have gotten exposure and built up. In the event Hearn n Oscar leave DAZN, they would at least built up somebody who's career they could have controlled.

4. Should have pushed a shyt load of original content or signed some boxing channels to exclusive deals or something. Give em like 4 shows and if the feedback is good, extend the contract and keep it going.

5. Give promoters (Oscar n Hearn) some type of contracted schedule to produce certain marquee events for their stable (not just their elite guys) No way BJS n Smith should have been not fighting each other after all this time. Farmer and Andrade also needed more notable fights. Ditto for Munguia.

6. Should have given more leeway to their contracted fighters to face other stars on different networks. Like say Farmer fights Tank on Showtime or Fox ppv. DAZN gets a cut from the ppv buys and gets the rebroadcast rights. Just some examples.

For all the money they threw around, they needed to be way more efficient than what they were. This should be a lesson to all involved.
#2 is a violation of the Ali Act, can't dictate future fights like that in a contract.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Nah i disagree on this , for a subscription model to work tou have to invest in in big content , canelo was a no Brainer
It took Netflix years to become what it is and they did it without the box office shyt they have now. They grew cult classics built a base then starting hitting you over the head with great content/

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It took Netflix years to become what it is and they did it without the box office shyt they have now. They grew cult classics built a base then starting hitting you over the head with great content/
Nah Netflix went billions into the red by investing in billions in content. They still aren't overly profitable. In order to grow a streaming service you have to invest in variety of content good and bad.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Nah Netflix went billions into the red by investing in billions in content. They still aren't overly profitable. In order to grow a streaming service you have to invest in variety of content good and bad.
The second huge problem.
Also they didn’t just come into the US market and flood us with foreign films.

But they also didn’t two years into the product start low balling it.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Exactly. Its like building around a great draft pick.
DAZN had a Mayweather type of idea, but with a Clottey type of execution. :hhh:

1. Should have signed him for less fights. Like 4 for example. With dude schedule he would have been done with that shyt in 2 years. They definitely had the funds to do it.

2. Should have had the exact fights they wanted from him specifically placed in the contract. (GGG, Andrade, BJS, Smith) Saying premier opponents ain't enough. I definitely would disagree with Fielding, Jacobs, and Kovalev as premier opponents. Jacobs was the only solid fight, but by no means was it some type of event. Just like I would disagree with Oscar and them UFC nikkas as premier opponents. They could have offered Canelo like 200 mil for those 4 fights. At least one of them would have turned into a FOTY and the GGG rubber match would have brought in a gang of new subscribers off rip. Plus it would have had a trickle down effect in boxing because the other big names would want to face more top opponents in their divisions.

3. Should have had their own prospect or promising contender that they pushed around those Canelo or Joshua cards so he would have gotten exposure and built up. In the event Hearn n Oscar leave DAZN, they would at least built up somebody who's career they could have controlled.

4. Should have pushed a shyt load of original content or signed some boxing channels to exclusive deals or something. Give em like 4 shows and if the feedback is good, extend the contract and keep it going.

5. Give promoters (Oscar n Hearn) some type of contracted schedule to produce certain marquee events for their stable (not just their elite guys) No way BJS n Smith should have been not fighting each other after all this time. Farmer and Andrade also needed more notable fights. Ditto for Munguia.

6. Should have given more leeway to their contracted fighters to face other stars on different networks. Like say Farmer fights Tank on Showtime or Fox ppv. DAZN gets a cut from the ppv buys and gets the rebroadcast rights. Just some examples.

For all the money they threw around, they needed to be way more efficient than what they were. This should be a lesson to all involved.
Took the words out of my mouth.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Don’t really understand what happened with the Canelo court case now, can someone explain?
I don't understand all that legal lingo but looks like it was a lawyer error more than anything. Just some shyt they gotta fix. This dude canelo worth 300 mil and hired Jackie childs as his lawyer :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
#2 is a violation of the Ali Act, can't dictate future fights like that in a contract.

oh word...my bad.
but hell, even then....
I still feel like they could have found a better way of securing the fights they wanted without something as vague as "premier opponents" They could have had a pool of acceptable fights and go on a fight by fight basis. Similar to how some pbc boxers are presented certain fights by Al and its up to them if they wanna take them or not. Even then they could have just chose the opportunity to just buy certain fights like Showtime did back in the day. For example put up 35 mil for a Canelo/Smith fight with 2 Goldenboy dates added. Instead they just threw a ton of money at Oscar and let him figure shyt out.

Just throwing around random suggestions. :manny:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you can just not that many. It has to be within a years time span so you could maybe get away with 3.
That goes against everything I've read and heard, under the "protection from coercive contracts" section it protected boxers from signing contracts that dictated they had to fight such and such in the future. It's one of the main reasons that Golden Boy/Oscar could only give DAZN their word(behind Canelo's back) that Canelo would fight GGG and couldn't include it in the contract when he signed with them.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
DAZN already had Matchroom. HBO was finished. Goldenboy literally had nowhere to go and had burned a lot of bridges. DAZN should have been shrewd as fukk with them since they had the advantage during that time. Instead they acted like they needed Oscar and not the other way around.

nikkas literally gave a coke head the bag and just hoped for the best. :mindblown: