Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yes, had him beating Barrios even with the knockdowns but he ain't gonna beat a Mexican-American on the cards in LA in a close fight, he needs to avoid the knockdowns next time and then maybe he has a chance to pull it off.
Some of these "lesser-known" EE dudes like Derevyanchenko, Akhemdov or Korobov have the disadvantage that if they are fighting in the States and they are in a close fight against an American fighter (Jacobs, Barrios, Charlo, Aleem) or just a fighter who's big there (GGG) (really just someone judges think are "better business") you can be almost sure they not gonna win on the cards.

I'm pretty sure if Derevyanchenko will lose to Charlo on the cards if the fight is similarly close as the one he had with Jacobs and GGG. It is what it is

Basically I see it 2 ways.

Charlo looks bad against a very battle tested Derevyanchenko OR he looks good against a battle worn Derevyanchenko.

Derevyanchenko has had some hard fights and that GGG fight was ridiculous with what he took.

I've already resigned to the fact if it goes to the cards, charlo will get it. Man was outboxed clearly by Korobov and got gifted.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Basically I see it 2 ways.

Charlo looks bad against a very battle tested Derevyanchenko OR he looks good against a battle worn Derevyanchenko.

Derevyanchenko has had some hard fights and that GGG fight was ridiculous with what he took.

I've already resigned to the fact if it goes to the cards, charlo will get it. Man was outboxed clearly by Korobov and got gifted.
I haven't decided who I pick yet, change my opinion by the day, very good fight.
Derevyanchenko's style should be more favorable to Charlo than Korobov's but Derevyanchenko is no crude slugger who Charlo can easily get out of there, has a good chin too, depsite being knocked down early by GGG and Jacobs too he went to a war with both, especially GGG and came out looking good.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Two things

first... time is of the evidence :dwillhuh::dead:

Second... interesting Canelo wants 10 weeks for a training camp... hmmm I wonder why :jbhmm:

I also wonder why someone who likes N knows the importance of a good 10 weeks to prepare offers others 4.5 weeks :wow:

nikka could have fought both Plant and Smith this year by now if he wasn't busy dikking around trying to get every lil advantage. nikka becoming worst than Cotto with this shyt.

:mjlol: at time is of the evidence.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Listening to Mannix's podcast, and he asked Michael Woods which Charlo he believes will have the better legacy, and dude is going to say Vergil Ortiz.:why:

Besides not answering the question, dude was going on about the Charlo's lack of maturity.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I haven't decided who I pick yet, change my opinion by the day, very good fight.
Derevyanchenko's style should be more favorable to Charlo than Korobov's but Derevyanchenko is no crude slugger who Charlo can easily get out of there, has a good chin too, depsite being knocked down early by GGG and Jacobs too he went to a war with both, especially GGG and came out looking good.
The overwhelming majority already views dervychenko as the winner in that golovkin fight. If Charlo can beat him in dominating fashion I'm gonna be impressed. He doesn't really have a signature win at this point. J rock was great but he still wasn't proven. Dervychenko chose Charlo over canelo specifically so he could get an even bigger payday vs canelo. He bet on himself. You already know he's willing to put it all on the line. If Charlo dominates he deserves full credit.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Listening to Mannix's podcast, and he asked Michael Woods which Charlo he believes will have the better legacy, and dude is going to say Vergil Ortiz.:why:

Besides not answering the question, dude was going on about the Charlo's lack of maturity.
Your first mistake was listening to a mannix podcast :why:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
With the kind of fights we been getting Canelo vs a Plant woulda gained hella interest

Facts

Imagine if that fight was promoted all summer. BJS vs Smith would have prolly been made too and both fights would have prolly been advertised as the winners facing each other down the line.

but here we go being optimistic . :mjcry: