Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If y’all say there’s killers at 175 like y’all say there is I don’t blame him on taking his time. He’s still young. Gotta be more focused though.
Young but he was already a champion twice, ranked in the division's top 3-5 for a while, I think the "still young" argument doesn't hold up well after that. Some might be more leninet though idk.
Anyway his body just seems to have outgrown 168 and I understand these guys need all the advantages they can have with the weight but after it becomes obvious the guy stuggles hard to make the weight or just can't make it, period, it starts to look funny that they are hellbent on staying there.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Not sure how he does against the division's best cause Horn just seems washed and Tszyu was visibly bigger than him but hats off to his performance, remained composed, good punch placement, pretty good power. He got to work on his defense but that can be said to pretty much any fighter nowadays.

True.

Hard to tell off that opposition. You're right about punch placement, that's what was the best thing he brought. Keeps that good edge of range too.

Back hand is sloppy though, if someone good catches him with lunging right like Horn did too many times in the early rounds then its not a good look.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:scust:

Crawford looking mad funny in the light, scared of Keith and Russ Jr.

Why the hell would he even consider fighting Gary Russell Jr, a featherweight?
If GRJ wants the smoke Crawford should just pull up on him outside the ring, beat his ass and be over with this BS but shouldn't give him the clout and money he's chasing by finding out after years of fighting once a year that he wants smoke with 147ers now based on some old ass story of a street scuffle. It's rather childish insults and clout chasing than a serious offer.

The Thurman fight would be good, I'd rather criticize him about not fighting Porter though when he had the chance than because of Thurman who wanted what... 10m? in the middle of a pandemic and fights without gate.
I don't think Bud is scared of anyone, really in most cases of fights not happening are due to political BS rather than one fighter being "scared". Bud has been shot in the head and drove himself to the hospital, he's been through some shyt, Thurman won't be the one to "scare" him.

What's going on in Bud's career since he stepped up to 147 has been unfortunate, I'm hoping these guys will work together for the biggest fight there is at 147 if not for anything else and we get Bud vs Spence sometimes next year. Soon the well of credible PBC 147er opponents for Spence will dry up too and then they will look in the direction of Crawford I guess.
It will be hard to make but they made Fury vs Wilder II too so let's hope.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Why the hell would he even consider fighting Gary Russell Jr, a featherweight?
If GRJ wants the smoke Crawford should just pull up on him outside the ring, beat his ass and be over with this BS but shouldn't give him the clout and money he's chasing by finding out after years of fighting once a year that he wants smoke with 147ers now based on some old ass story of a street scuffle. It's rather childish insults and clout chasing than a serious offer.

The Thurman fight would be good, I'd rather criticize him about not fighting Porter though when he had the chance than because of Thurman who wanted what... 10m? in the middle of a pandemic and fights without gate.
I don't think Bud is scared of anyone, really in most cases of fights not happening are due to political BS rather than one fighter being "scared". Bud has been shot in the head and drove himself to the hospital, he's been through some shyt, Thurman won't be the one to "scare" him.

What's going on in Bud's career since he stepped up to 147 has been unfortunate, I'm hoping these guys will work together for the biggest fight there is at 147 if not for anything else and we get Bud vs Spence sometimes next year. Soon the well of credible PBC 147er opponents for Spence will dry up too and then they will look in the direction of Crawford I guess.
It will be hard to make but they made Fury vs Wilder II too so let's hope.

Bud should shut him up then, he's had no problem fighting smaller fighters before. If getting fights is the problem, again Bud has no one to blame but himself, he shouldn't have reupped his deal with Arum.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah.. Thurman looking more suspect... Horn did what Thurman couldn't do vs an even older Manny.. Plus Horn in a different division now

:gucci: quite a few people (including myself) thought Keith won the fight with Manny, the Horn fight pales in comparison, where many beleived Manny was robbed. :mjlol: hyping up Horn.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Bud should shut him up then, he's had no problem fighting smaller fighters before. If getting fights is the problem, again Bud has no one to blame but himself, he shouldn't have reupped his deal with Arum.
Fighting GRJ is the definition of a lose-lose fight.
When he fought smaller opponents that was different cause he fought someone smaller than him who regardless competed in the same division as him (Gamboa), but definitely not the level of fighting a guy 4 division below. The fights yall criticize Bud for (rightfully or not, that's not the point now) were still all better, more credible fights than if he would beat up GRJ in the ring.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: quite a few people (including myself) thought Keith won the fight with Manny, the Horn fight pales in comparison, where many beleived Manny was robbed. :mjlol: hyping up Horn.
Both were close fights to me, Crawford washed Horn though.
But boxing isn't about triangle theories so that doesn't automatically mean Bud would wash Thurman as well.
I'd definitely pick Crawford in that fight though I suspect he would be the clear betting favorite too (really against pretty much anyone except Spence)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Fighting GRJ is the definition of a lose-lose fight.
When he fought smaller opponents that was different cause he fought someone smaller than him who regardless competed in the same division as him (Gamboa), but definitely not the level of fighting a guy 4 division below. The fights yall criticize Bud for (rightfully or not, that's not the point now) were still all better, more credible fights than if he would beat up GRJ in the ring.

Gary is asking for the fade:manny:. No one would hold it against Crawford IF he beat Russell after the current back and forth. Kell Brook isnt suitable. Crawford was just shading Spence for fighting Brook and now he wants to drain and even more faded Brook back down to 147. Crawford is funny to me until he does something redeemable.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Both were close fights to me, Crawford washed Horn though.
But boxing isn't about triangle theories so that doesn't automatically mean Bud would wash Thurman as well.
I'd definitely pick Crawford in that fight though I suspect he would be the clear betting favorite too (really against pretty much anyone except Spence)

Thurman would touch Crawford and as of right now his chin isnt on the same level as a Porter or Garcia, even Manny's at the moment. Thurman knows that too. All of these cats acting like broads (Spence included) freezing out Thurman. To me his stock shouldn't have dropped at all after the Manny fight, big fights >>> belts. Spence is the top dawg imo until further notice but an L shouldn't hurt any of these cats as long as they are presentable/didnt get embarrassed taking one.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thurman would touch Crawford and as of right now his chin isnt on the same level as a Porter or Garcia, even Manny's at the moment. Thurman knows that too. All of these cats acting like broads (Spence included) freezing out Thurman. To me his stock shouldn't have dropped at all after the Manny fight, big fights >>> belts. Spence is the top dawg imo until further notice but an L shouldn't hurt any of these cats as long as they are presentable/didnt get embarrassed taking one.
How is Spence freezing out Thurman? He's been scheduled to fight Garcia since the Porter fight, Thurman was on the shelf once again with another injury during that time.