Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Yup, Longevity is the best thing they have going.

If you have a prospect with potential, you take em to Top Rank, but once they become a contender you gotta start your exit strategy to get out of there. Or become a WBO champ and don't resign once your contract is up.

They fumble the ball too much with their top fighters.
Facts. That Big Fish in a Small pond strategy is a great way to build up guys( Loma, Bud etc) but after they run through all those mid tier guys.. it’s become evident that they don’t know what to do. Either publicly blame it on “negotiations” or have them fight a guy with a zero or credible threat moving up. Wash, Rinse Repeat :francis:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
This is making the situation alot more simple than it actually is
How so??? I've listened to a lot of Ronnie Shields interviews and he comes off as a real petty individual.. I remember him saying when Charlo becomes champion they should hold the belts hostage like Canelo/ggg :what: and How the fukk you gonna boast about kicking your fighter to the curb an then bring up loyalty as one of the issues?? I dont respect that... And now im convinced he's the sole reason why we still haven't seen Jermall Charlo vs Andrade.. I bet its because he's still holding some grudge from 7-8 years ago when the Jermell vs Andrade fight fell through??. Like I said Dude comes off real petty and spiteful to me

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How so??? I've listened to a lot of Ronnie Shields interviews and he comes off as a real petty individual.. I remember him saying when Charlo becomes champion they should hold the belts hostage like Canelo/ggg :what: and How the fukk you gonna boast about kicking your fighter to the curb an then bring up loyalty as one of the issues?? I dont respect that... And now im convinced he's the sole reason why we still haven't seen Jermall Charlo vs Andrade.. I bet its because he's still holding some grudge from 7-8 years ago when the Jermell vs Andrade fight fell through??. Like I said Dude comes off real petty and spiteful to me
Shields and Finkel are tight, Finkel linked Shields and Efe together, J Prince strongarms Finkel for Efe, it's not unreasonable at all for Shields to move on since his boy got snaked.