Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Shields and Finkel are tight, Finkel linked Shields and Efe together, J Prince strongarms Finkel for Efe, it's not unreasonable at all for Shields to move on since his boy got snaked.

Is this known or is it an assumption based on J Prince being who he is?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Shields and Finkel are tight, Finkel linked Shields and Efe together, J Prince strongarms Finkel for Efe, it's not unreasonable at all for Shields to move on since his boy got snaked.
Man boxing is a business.. promoters and managers get switched out all the time.. The coach and his fighter is supposed to have a tighter bond than that.. I don’t respect it but to each its own

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
well damn this concludes LukieBoxing's prediction about PBC deciding to move on from dude.

PBC HW stable is Sanchez, Wilder, and Kownacki for the time being
Ortiz and Ruiz too even though Ortiz is not much longer

Frank Sanchez is not bad but not that good either, I don't think he goes a long way and I believe his age the same way I believe Ortiz's, no way that dude is only 28. I've seen more fantasy in Ajagba.

Seems like TR and co are focusing on HW (partly). Prince signed both Yoka and Ajagba and they have Dubois with their UK partner Frank Warren.
They also have Fury, obviously and contenders like Pulev, Rivas, Kabayel and Takam plus greener prospects like Anderson, Vianello or Conto

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man boxing is a business.. promoters and managers get switched out all the time.. The coach and his fighter is supposed to have a tighter bond than that.. I don’t respect it but to each its own
As do trainers, boxing is a business all around, not everyone grows up with the same trainer and is a Ward/Hunter situation, alot of times these trainer/fighter relationships are business arrangements.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Ortiz and Ruiz too even though Ortiz is not much longer

Frank Sanchez is not bad but not that good either, I don't think he goes a long way and I believe his age the same way I believe Ortiz's, no way that dude is only 28. I've seen more fantasy in Ajagba.

Seems like TR and co are focusing on HW (partly). Prince signed both Yoka and Ajagba and they have Dubois with their UK partner Frank Warren.
They also have Fury, obviously and contenders like Pulev, Rivas, Kabayel and Takam plus greener prospects like Anderson, Vianello or Conto

Forgot about Ruiz honestly. He could bounce back and be a HW contender/star if he stays focused.
I don't see it for Sanchez or Ajagba but Ajagba is young, raw and with enough potential upside I figured PBC had little to lose by slowly developing him. Maybe TR just presented him with a way better situation.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Forgot about Ruiz honestly. He could bounce back and be a HW contender/star if he stays focused.
I don't see it for Sanchez or Ajagba but Ajagba is young, raw and with enough potential upside I figured PBC had little to lose by slowly developing him. Maybe TR just presented him with a way better situation.
Idk, Fury being there and Wilder hype looking like the past now might have contributed

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
J Prince came with the money to buy out his contract, it's obvious what happened here.
Don't get ne wrong I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing now but I really don't get it. So ge just bought him out of his contract abd that's it? Why is that strongarming? Finkel could have said no to the money but he didn't or he was obliged to let Ajagba go once Prince paid the money?
I'm aware of Prince and his reputation I just don't get what you mean by strongarming tactics if he really did buy him out?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
As do trainers, boxing is a business all around, not everyone grows up with the same trainer and is a Ward/Hunter situation, alot of times these trainer/fighter relationships are business arrangements.
If it was just a business relationship between Efe an Shields then Efe was right to get away from that situation.. How is your trainer more loyal to your manager than you

Last edited: