Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The cornball host says you fought in January... you were goin fight 2-3 times this year :gladbron:

:dead::deadrose:

According to Turbo Fists...

Broner was offered to fight GRJ at 140 N turned it down

Mikey was offered the fight N turned it down ... said he’d even go up to 147 to fight Mikey

:heh:

Immediately Backtracks on Al offering Mikey the fight :dead:

LSC is Scary ... Tank is Scary

Tank vs GRJ does more ppvs than Tank vs LSC :pachaha:

Haney ducking... talked to Haneys dad personally about a fight

He Sparred Shakur N knocked sparks out his ass N was only doin defense

PBC doesn’t have his best interest at heart

Abner Mares ducked him N he woulda ruined the rest of his career

Oscar Valdez never wanted to unify he was scared

Pedraza is a C class fighter

Quigg , Warrington, Selby, Frampton don’t/ didn’t want to fight

His scale was off N he had to lose 5 pounds in the sauna to make weight... he had no power no speed N still knocked down Loma N the fight was a draw at best

Won’t fight C & D fighters cuz he not like Tank/LSC/Haney

Would beat Loma 99 out of 100 times

Ok I watched bout 45 mins...they still goin but I can’t anymore :hubie:
Sounds like gary was speaking the truth :obama:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can see why you'd say that. Loma been getting touched more than usual these fights. Yea he got the W's but Pedroza, Linares, and Campbell were roughing him up and putting hands on him more than you'd expect.

Linares esp...linares dropped him and it was a draw on the cards when lomachenko finally stopped him

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I can see why you'd say that. Loma been getting touched more than usual these fights. Yea he got the W's but Pedroza, Linares, and Campbell were roughing him up and putting hands on him more than you'd expect.

I can see Loma humiliating Lopez, because I don't think much of Lopez he all hype to me. I aint forgot how struggleish he looked at times against Nakatani who is just slightly above average he aint anything special, but now that Loma actually fights people his size he gets touched a lot which is why Lopez does have a punchers chance.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlo: Derevyanchenko Didn't Win Golovkin Fight; Made It Closer Than Expected
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon Jul 27, 2020, 08:25 AM EST

Jermall Charlo commended Sergiy Derevyanchenko for making his last middleweight title fight more competitive than many might’ve expected.

Charlo definitely doesn’t think Derevyanchenko did enough to upset Gennadiy Golovkin, though. The unbeaten WBC middleweight champion believes Derevyanchenko deservedly is coming off a loss entering their 12-round, 160-pound championship match September 26 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.

“He didn’t win the fight, but I mean, he definitely made it a lot closer than a lot of people probably expected,” Charlo stated during a virtual press conference recently to promote their Showtime Pay-Per-View main event. “I don’t think people knew that Sergiy’s style – you know, they haven’t seen him as much as they’ve seen Golovkin – but like I said, the fight played out. It was a lot closer than people expected it to be, but he didn’t win the fight.”

golovkin-derevyanchenko-fight%20(92).jpg

Kazakhstan’s Golovkin narrowly won their unforgettable slugfest on all three scorecards 9½ months ago at Madison Square Garden.

Judges Frank Lombardi and Eric Molinski each scored seven rounds for Golovkin and had him ahead 115-112 when their fan-friendly fight concluded. Judge Kevin Morgan scored six rounds apiece for Golovkin (40-1-1, 35 KOs) and Derevyanchenko (13-1, 10 KOs), but he gave Golovkin a one-point win due to the questionable knockdown Golovkin produced during the first round.

CompuBox credited Golovkin for landing only 13 more punches overall than Derevyanchenko (243-of-720 to 230-of-738). Derevyanchenko connected with more punches against Golovkin than any previous opponent, according to CompuBox, in the IBF middleweight champion’s 11-year, 42-fight pro career.

Ukraine’s Derevyanchenko, 34, hasn’t boxed since Golovkin edged him in their fight for the then-vacant IBF middleweight title October 5 in New York. The 2008 Olympian is the number one contender for Charlo’s championship, but Houston’s Charlo (30-0, 22 KOs) opted to face Derevyanchenko before the WBC declared him Charlo’s mandatory challenger.

On paper, Derevyanchenko is the toughest opponent Charlo has agreed to face since the former IBF junior middleweight champ moved up from the 154-pound division three years ago.

Numerous Internet sports books have made Charlo a slight favorite to win what will be one of two main events of Showtime’s six-fight, day-night pay-per-view event September 26. Jermall Charlo’s twin brother, Jermell Charlo (33-1, 17 KOs), is scheduled to meet Dominican champion Jeison Rosario (20-1-1, 14 KOs) in the other main event – a 12-round, 154-pound title unification fight for Charlo’s WBC title and Rosario’s IBF, IBO and WBA belts.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
it just not his usual weight and his style is coming forward. The good thing is that he can still outbox em all. Levels:mjgrin:
#prettyboys

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
it just not his usual weight and his style is coming forward. The good thing is that he can still outbox em all. Levels:mjgrin:
#prettyboys

Yeah he can outbox them, but from the eye test Haney has a more diverse skillset than any of them(granted he needs to show it against elite comp), Loma aint just gonna come forward against Haney, he won't come forward against Gervonta, he won't come forward against Lopez either cause in all them situations if he just gets touched up like he has his past few fights he getting stopped.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yeah he can outbox them, but from the eye test Haney has a more diverse skillset than any of them(granted he needs to show it against elite comp), Loma aint just gonna come forward against Haney, he won't come forward against Gervonta, he won't come forward against Lopez either cause in all them situations if he just gets touched up like he has his past few fights he getting stopped.
that's why he needs to box em. Skillwise who is more proven than him? His height will be a problem that I will say but his boxing IQ is very high. Defensively he is very good when attacking so he'll be adept when playing it safe

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
that's why he needs to box em. Skillwise who is more proven than him? His height will be a problem that I will say but his boxing IQ is very high. Defensively he is very good when attacking so he'll be adept when playing it safe

I have to see it, cause his last few fights Loma defense has been leaky.