Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Top Rank lets everyone build they rep up with that WBO belt, then just when it looks like some big potential match ups or unification can happen......

nikkas vacate or move up and we get a whole set of new fights to speculate on. shyt is like clockwork at this point.

N muhfukkers act like I’m crazy when I say fukk the WBO N it’s Eric Bischoff handing HHH the WCW on Raw in real life

We Bobs Organization

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don't know how you can have more dog in you then Joe Frazier. Kept coming against foreman despite being over matched, took the rematch even, gave Ali hell and was willing to die. What is crazier he did this with one eye being blind :wow:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Joe Grim - Wikipedia
"boxer, he engaged in over 150 professional bouts; some sources put the figure at 300 to 500.[1][2][3] Despite losing the majority of his fights, Grim became a popular fighter; his principal claim to fame was his ability to absorb heavy punishment without being knocked out, for which he was nicknamed "
:picard:
1903 Grim took on former heavyweight champion Bob Fitzsimmons. Grim "took a battering... that would have killed an ordinary man" and was knocked down repeatedly, but rose to his feet every time and lasted the distance.[9] Fitzsimmons called Grim "the hardest proposition to knock out that I have ever met" and thought him "insensible to physical pain."
:gucci:
Two years later Grim faced future heavyweight champion Jack Johnson. Johnson dominated the six-round fight and by one estimate scored seventeen knockdowns, but Grim again made it to the final bell. Between rounds Johnson remarked to his cornermen: "he ain't human."[10] Afterwards he said: "I just don't believe that man is made of flesh and blood."[11]
:dead:

The amount of punishment sustained by Grim during his fights led to calls for him to be banned from boxing
:dead:
Grim began to suffer mental health issues and was admitted to a sanitarium in 1913, before being released in 1916.[14] He promoted fights in Philadelphia and worked as a foreman in a shipyard in New York.[11] In later life he was committed to the Philadelphia Hospital for Mental Diseases, where he died in 1939.
I mean:mindblown:
This mf was a middleweight taking beatings from heavyweights. Wtf did people think would happen:mindblown:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Top Rank lets everyone build they rep up with that WBO belt, then just when it looks like some big potential match ups or unification can happen......

nikkas vacate or move up and we get a whole set of new fights to speculate on. shyt is like clockwork at this point.

That's why I said the WBO is a fukking joke if you look at how that belt has always operated. All that belts purpose is is to prevent undisputed champions and basically ensure Top Rank has a 'champion' in every weight class if they need one basically.

It's also why I think all this weight jumping they hype up is fugazi. Got a bunch of 3 and 4 division champs who aint ever been unified, and just picked up a bunch of vacant belt never had to actually beat a champ for them. shyt is smoke and mirrors bruh.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Are there so little developments on a Bud fight that Brook is trying fight Thurman now? :mjtf:
This shyt getting annoying. Can someone give Brook a scrap! I need a solid date soon from Bud (and Spence and Manny!) . Loma out here setting up mega fights based in a foreign country so i'm really not trying hear the covid excuses for why these guys ain't making any progress lining meaningful scraps up

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The thing is that Ryan is only 19 21 and is still being developed as a fighter AND a draw.

What other 19 21 year old is co main eventing Canelo cards?:gucci:

Having millions of followers on Instagram needs to translate into actual ratings before he can start leveraging that into large purses. Oscar and Golden Boy are not perfect by any means, but Ryan is letting these other fighters and promoters get in his ear tough.

Nah Ryan Garcia legit sells tickets bro, he actually has a real argument about the size of his purses. If Ryan wants to make the money he wants to make he needs to bet on himself and sign with the PBC.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yea ima need some credible receipts that Ryan Garcia bringing in a millly at the gate :stopitslime:

Also Bob can’t afford no more than 2 Ms for Swift... but he can afford 700k for Shakur to sell 80k in gate N do tv numbers equivalent to Reruns of Soul Plane on BET ... something there doesn’t add up :mjgrin:

Pay 700k to fight a jobber, but won't pay Pac his $20 million to fight your 'p4p #1' fighter in a fight that is guaranteed to be successful and make money. :what:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Pay 700k to fight a jobber, but won't pay Pac his $20 million to fight your 'p4p #1' fighter in a fight that is guaranteed to be successful and make money. :what:

Manny was terrified of accepting that $20mil, stop. Al couldn't force Manny to accept $40mil to fight Spence right now if he wanted to, Manny scary ass running to another platform for his cherry. Worry about PBC being able to make the fights we want right now before bringing up some old shyt :sas1:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Manny was terrified of accepting that $20mil, stop. Al couldn't force Manny to accept $40mil to fight Spence right now if he wanted to, Manny scary ass running to another platform for his cherry. Worry about PBC being able to make the fights we want right now before bringing up some old shyt :sas1:

First of all all of this is RECENT you ignorant fool. Arum ONCE AGAIN shot down the Crawford-Pac fight because 'the funds aren't there. Aint nobody scared of no damn Terence Crawford bruh. :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is Pac asked for $20m to fight Crawford, Bob Arum laughed and said nobody is gonna pay $20m to watch you fight after losing to Floyd. Started a whole smear campaign about how he was shot and over the hill. Pac leaves and goes to PBC and guess how much he got for both of his fights with PBC... $20,000,000.00... but nobody was gonna pay to see Pac fight huh, god damn it must be two sides.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
First of all all of this is RECENT you ignorant fool. Arum ONCE AGAIN shot down the Crawford-Pac fight because 'the funds aren't there. Aint nobody scared of no damn Terence Crawford bruh. :mjlol:

Manny the A side, PBC gotta pay Bud. Why would Arum need to pay Manny anything. PBC don't got the bread to make the mega fight? Let me find out that's the real reason why Manny fighting a DAZN fighter next :ohhh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Manny the A side, PBC gotta pay Bud. Why would Arum need to pay Manny anything. PBC don't got the bread to make the mega fight? Let me find out that's the real reason why Manny fighting a DAZN fighter next :ohhh:

Bruh first of all the PBC is not a promotion, Al Haymon is not a promoter. He is a manager, he works for the fighters not the other way around.

And yeah it is up to Bob Arum to pay Pacquiao, it's called giving him his asking price to fight that goes for ANY PBC FIGHTER bro. Pacquiao can go fight wherever the hell he wants as long as the money is right.

Are people still ignorant as to how the PBC operates in 2020? You don't realize offering Danny $5m IS a lowball offer, considering he takes a lot of risks in up front expenses for the fights to make even more on the back end considering Danny would still have to do that in a cross promotional fight, unless Bob takes on all the promotion and costs which I highly doubt his cheap ass will do? Maybe you don't understand how business works though a lot of people seem to not understand business so if you need me to explain it in detail I can.