Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Pac leaves and goes to PBC and guess how much he got for both of his fights with PBC... $20,000,000.00... but nobody was gonna pay to see Pac fight huh, god damn it must be two sides.

Manny got the same guarantee for Broner and Thurman that he got for Horn :huhldup:
Obviously the total going be higher in the PBC fights with the buyrate but they couldn't even guarantee Manny the 20 like Arum did plenty of times :scusthov:
Manny not even a top 3 earner in the game fighting top fighters on PBC. He exploring cross platform bouts just to get the guarantee up, shyt sad

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Bruh first of all the PBC is not a promotion, Al Haymon is not a promoter. He is a manager, he works for the fighters not the other way around.

Breh quit the semantics shyt, Haymon settled the Ali Act lawsuit with TR already. People know what it is. The "manager" having exclusive relationship with networks using shell promoters ain't changing the reality of what the constraints are. All that shyt you typing and PBC fighters themselves are the ones constantly talking about not being able to "cross the street" to make fights :dead:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Ryan Garcia legit sells tickets bro, he actually has a real argument about the size of his purses. If Ryan wants to make the money he wants to make he needs to bet on himself and sign with the PBC.

He would legit do 5 million viewers on a PBC on FOX main event.

Man these Top Rank cards recently might be doing more harm than good. Mostly b and c level fighters getting air time. Casuals out there thinking that’s the best in boxing.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
He would legit do 5 million viewers on a PBC on FOX main event.

Man these Top Rank cards recently might be doing more harm than good. Mostly b and c level fighters getting air time. Casuals out there thinking that’s the best in boxing.

Ryan Garcia is a legit draw and hasn't even fought for a belt, he really doesn't need a promoter.

Casuals clearly don't think it's the best in boxing because they aren't tuning in to watch the cards, only us hardcore fans are watching it. I've been trying to get my neighbors to watch these fight cards and only one neighbor watched one fight card and they told me that the card sucked later on, had me looking like a fool. :mjcry:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Breh quit the semantics shyt, Haymon settled the Ali Act lawsuit with TR already. People know what it is. The "manager" having exclusive relationship with networks using shell promoters ain't changing the reality of what the constraints are. All that shyt you typing and PBC fighters themselves are the ones constantly talking about not being able to "cross the street" to make fights :dead:

Like I said Al Haymon is not a promoter, PBC is not a promotion. No amount of ultra fanboy goggles you have on will change they took him to court for it and LOST. :umad:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I knew this was a done deal when Joe Goosen was on the PBC Podcast talking about the matchup as if it was official already.

this can go 2 ways

either Ruiz gets his conditioning together and beats down Arreola and send him on his way to retirement OR ruiz fukks up and goes life and death with him and arreola sends his punch resistance to the bushes like he did kownacki

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Eleider Alvarez-Joe Smith Jr. bout set for third week of August
By Steve Kim

A light heavyweight bout between Eleider Alvarez and Joe Smith Jr. has been rescheduled for the third week of August, Yvon Michel, who promotes Alvarez, told ESPN on Friday. The fight had originally been slated for July 16 inside the "bubble" at the MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas, but was postponed when Alvarez suffered an injury to his right shoulder.

"I sent a medical report on Alvarez's situation early last week confirming that the inflammation is gone after treatment, the pain is minimum," Michel said. "He's going to start sparring next week, everything is under control. He's fit and ready to fight by mid-August.

"So the message I got from Top Rank is that the fight will be rescheduled for some time between Aug. 20 and Aug. 22, depending on the schedule."

According to Top Rank vice president of boxing operation Carl Moretti, the plan is to stage one fight a week inside the "bubble" in the month of August, but the exact dates of have not been chosen.

"It's not ideal, it's not what we wanted," said Joe DeGuardia, who promotes Smith. "We think it's unfortunate it got pushed back in the first place, however, we're realists. I just want this fight to take place, and we're going to do what we have to do to get Joe ready and have this fight."

Alvarez (25-1, 13 KOs) is rated at No. 6 by ESPN and held the WBO light heavyweight title after knocking out Sergey Kovalev in 2018. Back on Jan. 18 he scored a seventh-round knockout of Micheal Seals. Alvarez also has victories over Isaac Chilemba, Lucien Bute and Jean Pascal.

Smith (25-3, 20 KOs) is rated ninth in the division by ESPN. Back in 2016 he gained prominence as he scored stoppage wins over Andrezej Fonfara and Bernard Hopkins. In his most recent fight on Jan 11, Smith defeated Jesse Hart in an upset by split decision.

The winner of this bout will then face the winner of the contest between Umar Salamov and Maksim Vlasov, as part of an elimination process to fill the WBO light heavyweight title, which is currently vacant.