Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
So what the hell is everybody else than Top Rank doing? :dahell:
Time to wake the fukk up

It really shows now, how despite DAZN having the most money (or had recently, idk...) and PBC having the most fighters Top Rank is still the most professional, most experienced. I think if others could have made cards by now they would have done it too, but they can't for some reason beyond my knowledge.
Now DAZN maybe has financial problems which are a possible explanation of why the US branch of Matchroom and GBP didn't do anything yet (though GBP could work on Facebook too) but how what's Matchroom doing in the UK (only 2 confirmed cards both for October) and what is PBC (mostly American based stable but ZERO fights scheduled officially) doing in the States?
It's not like TR's shows would be some huge hit but at least it's something and I think it's a bad look to their competition's that they are popping out these cards while everybody else is silent.

I understand both PBC and DAZN taking their time to come back.

DAZN got money issues they gotta figure out.

Both have to maneuver through staging sporting events amidst a pandemic.

The logistics behind staging a big main event has to be a nightmare right now.

Fighters were already turning down huge paydays, imagine trying to explain to them that they'll be fighting in an empty venue and they have to take a pay cut.

Mind you, Dana White and the UFC got criticized heavily for their first card since the pandemic took off.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
So what the hell is everybody else than Top Rank doing? :dahell:
Time to wake the fukk up

It really shows now, how despite DAZN having the most money (or had recently, idk...) and PBC having the most fighters Top Rank is still the most professional, most experienced. I think if others could have made cards by now they would have done it too, but they can't for some reason beyond my knowledge.
Now DAZN maybe has financial problems which are a possible explanation of why the US branch of Matchroom and GBP didn't do anything yet (though GBP could work on Facebook too) but how what's Matchroom doing in the UK (only 2 confirmed cards both for October) and what is PBC (mostly American based stable but ZERO fights scheduled officially) doing in the States?
It's not like TR's shows would be some huge hit but at least it's something and I think it's a bad look to their competition's that they are popping out these cards while everybody else is silent.

To be fair Top Rank is doing fights but they have little name recognition and big mismatches...

We didn’t even gain anything these last few top rank fights...honestly they could have kept that shyt to theyself. The ratings was shyt for both fights. My guess is PBC and DAZN are waiting to see how they can put on decent fights.

Funny how Bob Arum jumped out the window shytting on Dana White and the UFC model is working way better than the top rank model. They actually getting decent ratings.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:banderas:

1e8a63a41d88330ac49a3f5e959c00d9928246a0.gif

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know about Nery's opponent but he's undefeated, solid fight for these times
James vs Dulorme is a legit good 50-50ish fight between two top 20 147ers, this would be a good fight even without the pandemic
Dulorme & James were scheduled to fight before the pandemic. Pleasantly surprised that PBC is going forward with it without the gate because James has sold well in Minny and Top Rank scrapped a bunch of their scheduled fights and decided to put their A sides in with no hopers.