Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I feel like the last time Broner really dug deep and let em go was the Taylor fight. That late rd knockdown and combo sequence was his offensive pinnacle. He's never been able to go back into that mode again, even if he lands some big shots (Vargas fight) he still punches like he waiting for change and a receipt.
that Vargas fight I thoguht he was gonna make a comeback because he showed some flashes but man......

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
that Vargas fight I thoguht he was gonna make a comeback because he showed some flashes but man......

Exactly. and when we just seen how much Mikey was hurting Vargas, looking back you know Broner could have had him really going if he pressed and threw more.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So what the hell is everybody else than Top Rank doing? :dahell:
Time to wake the fukk up

It really shows now, how despite DAZN having the most money (or had recently, idk...) and PBC having the most fighters Top Rank is still the most professional, most experienced. I think if others could have made cards by now they would have done it too, but they can't for some reason beyond my knowledge.
Now DAZN maybe has financial problems which are a possible explanation of why the US branch of Matchroom and GBP didn't do anything yet (though GBP could work on Facebook too) but how what's Matchroom doing in the UK (only 2 confirmed cards both for October) and what is PBC (mostly American based stable but ZERO fights scheduled officially) doing in the States?
It's not like TR's shows would be some huge hit but at least it's something and I think it's a bad look to their competition's that they are popping out these cards while everybody else is silent.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't think Valdez is that washed yet, he should beat Velez.
Berchelt gonna destroy him though

to me valdez is broken...that lopez fight has me convinced...dude went from robles to canelo's trainer and no visible improvement...i can cut him some slack seeing that wasnt his original opponent but something is off about him now

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Time to wake the fukk up

It really shows now, how despite DAZN having the most money (or had recently, idk...) and PBC having the most fighters Top Rank is still the most professional, most experienced. I think if others could have made cards by now they would have done it too, but they can't for some reason beyond my knowledge.
Now DAZN maybe has financial problems which are a possible explanation of why the US branch of Matchroom and GBP didn't do anything yet (though GBP could work on Facebook too) but how what's Matchroom doing in the UK (only 2 confirmed cards both for October) and what is PBC (mostly American based stable but ZERO fights scheduled officially) doing in the States?
It's not like TR's shows would be some huge hit but at least it's something and I think it's a bad look to their competition's that they are popping out these cards while everybody else is silent.

PBC announced a fight last week - but its not until mid July. GBP would have had one on the schedule if Ryan Garcia wasnt being difficult. Matchroom is still trying to figure some shyt out lol

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Time to wake the fukk up

PBC isn’t in a rush to put on fights they have a card for July 18 I believe. TR has to do these fights probably out of obligation instead of giving us at least decent fights. ESPN has been dying for content and probably told them they don’t have time to sit and plan just give us anything. DAZN is in the same way, their planning on coming back with real fights. In some ways this is perfect for junkies you get fights but for real fans you can wait a little longer and get real fights.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
to me valdez is broken...that lopez fight has me convinced...dude went from robles to canelo's trainer and no visible improvement...i can cut him some slack seeing that wasnt his original opponent but something is off about him now
He’s the same as the dude Berchelt beat that had already been in all the wars.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

"One of the most unusual fighters I've ever seen in my lifetime" - Emmanuel Stewart
He was about to fight Canelo on PPV before the accident :mjcry:
Also..Winky wasn't too far removed from his prime..Paul was just a nightmare so it wouldn't of mattered if he was in his prime

Winky was nowhere near his prime here. Which is why he retired 1 fight later. He didn’t have the love for the sport anymore. And he was almost coming off a 2 year layoff. Most people knew Paul was winning this fight. I love Paul but if this was the winky who demolished Tito this is a completely different fight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He is punch weary but I think he still got enough left to beat Velez

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
PBC announced a fight last week - but its not until mid July. GBP would have had one on the schedule if Ryan Garcia wasnt being difficult. Matchroom is still trying to figure some shyt out lol
Which card is it? I checked all these promoter's web sites before my comment and it wasn't featured on the PBC site yet

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
PBC isn’t in a rush to put on fights they have a card for July 18 I believe. TR has to do these fights probably out of obligation instead of giving us at least decent fights. ESPN has been dying for content and probably told them they don’t have time to sit and plan just give us anything. DAZN is in the same way, their planning on coming back with real fights. In some ways this is perfect for junkies you get fights but for real fans you can wait a little longer and get real fights.
Junkie vs real fans, what's the difference? Junkies are real fans.
I get your point otherwise but don't know what you mean by that