Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
I only picked Thurman to win cause Pac is old. If we talking styles, Pac style is all wrong for Thurman. You gotta either have quicker feet than Pac(Thurman has quick and good footwork, but not as quick as Pac) or be able to keep Pac going backwards(Thurman fights off the backfoot like 95% of the time). That always was gonna be an uphill battle for Thurman.
Yeah coming out as the aggressor and tryna walk down Pac early wasn’t a smart game plan.. Keeping it at a distance and maybe coming forward As the old man tires down probably would have been a better strategy.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah coming out as the aggressor and tryna walk down Pac early wasn’t a smart game plan.. Keeping it at a distance and maybe coming forward As the old man tires down probably would have been a better strategy.

When Thurman was coming forward he was having a lot of success though, his problem was the fact that that aint his style he kept leaving himself open which is why he got caught with that body shot. Thurman for the most part really only has one dimension to him from what I've seen he's just really good at that one dimension.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Dawson vs Pascal was mediocre as fukk. It had some nice fades thrown but it was sporadic as hell. Too much waiting. I remember Steward commentary and he was disgusted by the staring matches them nikkas were having instead of throwing punches, especially Dawson since he was supposed to be more talented and skilled boxer. Took him forever to get going.
shyt was like Ugas vs Porter at a higher level, but with an abrupt ending. :mjlol:

Im not a Hopkins fan, but his 2 fights with Pascal were more entertaining than Pascal vs Dawson. shyt had knockdowns and fukkery. Even the lead up was entertaining.

Ima have to watch a few Dawson scraps. I watched a few rounds of him vs Ward then turned that shyt off. Now one dude i have no interest in watching old fights is Tarver. I think it was either his first fight vs Roy or his scrap against B Hop but got damn that nikka was a TASK to watch & finish that shyt :scust:.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Ima have to watch a few Dawson scraps. I watched a few rounds of him vs Ward then turned that shyt off. Now one dude i have no interest in watching old fights is Tarver. I think it was either his first fight vs Roy or his scrap against B Hop but got damn that nikka was a TASK to watch & finish that shyt :scust:.

Dawson’s best performance that I can remember was against Adamek. Dawson was talented but boxed like he was high on klonopin or something. No urgency or passion.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Dawson got some fun scraps tho. His first fights with Johnson and Tarver were entertaining. Plus his fight with Eric Harding is one of the most one sided ass whuppings you'll ever see. Adamek and the Ian Gardner fights were good too.

Tarver got some scraps too. His fights with Glen Johnson were damn good, especially the 2nd one. Same thing with his Harding fights. Tarvers first fight with Roy was good imo. Really intense.

If you just wanna see some light heavyweight slug fests then watch Paul Briggs vs Adamek 1 and 2.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
it really was...like i was backstage for a good minute...i saw the ambulance come down that ramp..and the security lady was asking me what happened in that fight...gvozdyk's team and teddy atlas are there outside of the dressing room stone faced..i remember wanting to turn on my camera and capture all this shyt but i thought against it..then you see gvozdyk all fukked up...shyt was a bruising fight..beterbiev was marked up too
I think it was the combination of what happened to stevenson and this last fight that did him in

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X