Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
who are you talking about?

Shiit, it didn't quote for some reason.

I was referencing Canelo fighting Dirrell. Canelo previously fought a ''just finished 11 rnd, last payday Kovalev' now he fighting Dirrell who is 35 and just lost Benavidez.

I respect Canelo fighting at a higher weight class, i'd respect him more if it was against the top contenders in those divisions. Instead he's fighting top end fighters, but not the top of the pile.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
How disappointing. Fighting bigger guys is a cojone move, fighting already ran bigger guys is a little misleading.:manny:
It has two sides, cause while no doubt Kovalev was past his prime he was still a top 5 guy in a strong division and who out of Canelo’s rivals at 160 and 168 had the balls to take a fight up there? As funny as it may look Canelo knocking out KKK is still better than just about anything Plant/Benavidez/Charlo/Andrade/BJS/Smith/Derevyanchenko/Jacobs/GGG have done. If it would have been so easy to just go up to 175 and knock a top 5 guy out like that then I think we’d have seen more fighters having a go at it.

Don’t get me wrong tho the Dirrell fight would be bad, I don’t want that, Dirrell coming off a loss an d realistically ain’t even top 5 (his RING rating at 3rd is ridiculous) of a not that strong division.
Derevyanchenko is a better fight ifc what weight

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
giphy.gif