Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
He mentioned that he saw Tyson was hit with that punch over and over again in previous fights and that's why he picked that particular fight against Lewis as example.

Yeah I seen him mention the Tucker and Razor fights. Showing the LL clip is him being lazy imo. That's like using the Holmes fight as an example of Ali backing up in a straight line.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
facts
and he had the footwork to get them shots off from all types of angles on the inside an mid range.
exactly. I liked how he pivots and immediately lets the hooks and liver shots fly. Plus he was strong as fukk so he bullied guys on the inside

MikhailSaeed

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seen one with Mayweather knocked down with a lump on his head :mjlol:

There was a period where I kept seeing them with butterbean. Are there people that desperate for a white hero they're going to drag up butterbean of all people?

I get what he saying, but that punch wasn't some unblockable SNK boss type shyt. LL whips it around to connect, but Tyson really just had to lower his center of gravity to make him miss. The thing is Mikey was already beat up and tired by that point so he was there to be hit with anything really.

Slipping the right or not is really interesting to me. I was taught to do it and used to do it a lot (still do sometimes actually out of habit/reflex) until I was working with a decent pro who is very good defensively and advised me against for similar reasons to the brother here is stating. Then I started training at a gym where they push a benton/qawi/toney style where you keep your head offline towards your rear hand which makes it harder to slip the right because you head has to travel so far to do that

I love hearing people's take on this