Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Plant and BJS would box circles around Froch beak nose ass.
Smith and Coke boy would prolly be slight favorites.

Dude didn't want the Ward rematch nor did he come out of retirement for GGG but kept saying it was easy work. nikka went life and death with Groves. I can't see him beating anybody of note in this 168 era.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jamel Herring vs. Jonathan Oquendo Clash in Talks For July 2
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Sun May 17, 2020, 06:33 PM EDT

Puerto Rico's Jonathan Oquendo is in talks to challenge World Boxing Organization (WBO) super featherweight world champion Jamel Herring, as part of a card being staged by Top Rank on July 2nd in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Héctor Soto of H2 Entertainment, indicated that they are in the final details of the negotiations.

"At Top Rank, we were told that they are ready to stage events without an audience. They offered us that opportunity for Jonathan and we are working on it,” said Soto to Carlos Gonzalez.

jamel-herring_4.jpg

Oquendo (31-6, 19 KO) is ranked eleventh in the WBO rankings at 130 pounds. Last November, he surpassed Charles Huerta by unanimous decision.

Herring, meanwhile, conquered the world title when he defeated Japan's Masayuki Ito in May 2019. In his first defense, he defeated mandatory challenger Lamont Roach Jr. - who holds a decision win over Oquendo from when they collided back in May as part of the Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs undercard.

“When we presented Jonathan with the opportunity, he immediately said yes. He is training for this opportunity,” said Soto.

Herring had been scheduled to face former two division champion Carl Frampton in a high profile bout, which was targeted for Belfast. Because of the restrictions involved with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, that bout is going to be postponed until a later date.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Beats BJS, loses to Plant and Benevidez, Callum might be too big for him too.

Dude didn't want the Ward rematch nor did he come out of retirement for GGG but kept saying it was easy work. nikka went life and death with Groves. I can't see him beating anybody of note in this 168 era.

I’m glad y’all said it so I didn’t have to :mjgrin:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

I think froch would stop ggg and his career is more impressive

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

Also froch career is more impressive than ggg, plant and bjs combined

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Would prime Froch be the best at 168 today?
I can't stand that fukker but he was the second best fighter of a 168 era that was easily better-deeper than this one. Lost only to a one armed Ward... but I think that same Ward would breeze through this 168 as well.
Froch was a tough, awkward b*stard, Callum Smith couldn't do shyt with Ryder pressuring him last time, a prime Froch takes him out.
BJS is too inconsistent to me to pick him, he hasn't showed anything at 168 yet, he always has the potential though so I don't write him off either.
Plant looks the goods but at this point I'd still pick a prime Froch over him I need to see more from Plant, Froch was no Uzcategui. Finally I think Frochwould outtough and outfight a probably still somewhat green Benavidez.
Jacobs is probably the guy who could outbox Froch but not wilt under the pressure and the pace. I see a good chance for Jacobs but he looked pretty bad against Chavez so there's that.... 50-50.

Canelo is the only fighter I'd clearly pick to beat Froch at 168 now because I think Froch would be ripe for Canelo's super combos but I didn't count Canelo as a 168er now.