Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And shookboys still pretend the media didn’t have an obvious agenda for little g :mjlol:

That’s not to say he wasn’t a really good fighter....but he wasn’t what the media built him up to be. And this list just proves it. No boxing fan on the planet agrees with this bullshyt. From top to bottom this whole list is despicable:scust:
Tbf idk who that dude is but I doubt he would be the part of the so-called mainstream media of boxing. If he'd be he'd know better than that list, it seems completely random at some places. He's more like a crazy loner if anything.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
35 yr old Floyd beats pre accident Spence :unimpressed:
I got Spence going 12 rounds and MAYBE winning a split decision against 41 yr old war torn Manny
Definitely beats Manny...Mayweather? Mayweather is the favorite but Spence doesn't lose. Its easy to cast stones right now.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Mayweather beats him. Maybe not now but the version of Mayweather who retired after the Berto fight
He never faced a Spence type in that era..its easy to say now because he's a fantastic counter puncher with finesse quickness and works the ring in excellent fashion. Very defensive and hard to hit on the inside no matter how you smother him...but Spence goes harder than Castillo. So its interesting.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone know the story on why Floyd and Jeff aren’t close? I just heard Floyd’s most recent interview on fighthype and he basically shouted out everybody but Jeff. I’m sure they’re good, but it’s obvious they aren’t close.

All I remember Floyd saying along time ago is that Jeff stuck his hand in the cookie jar. I believe that was in the boxingtalk days.

I think he was just listing people that were the closest to his career. Jeff runs the official Mayweather channel on his own pretty much and still trains out of that gym.

I don't think there's any real tension there

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone know the story on why Floyd and Jeff aren’t close? I just heard Floyd’s most recent interview on fighthype and he basically shouted out everybody but Jeff. I’m sure they’re good, but it’s obvious they aren’t close.

All I remember Floyd saying along time ago is that Jeff stuck his hand in the cookie jar. I believe that was in the boxingtalk days.

Jeff is always at the Mayweather Gym so who knows

i know Floyd doesn't talk about this brother

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he was just listing people that were the closest to his career. Jeff runs the official Mayweather channel on his own pretty much and still trains out of that gym.

I don't think there's any real tension there

You aren’t telling me anything I don’t know.

Maybe I should have worded that better. I should have asked why did Floyd and Jeff fall out back in the day? This would have weeded out the type of response you just gave. However, that question was directed to those that know what I’m talking about here.

I completely understand that they appear to be cool In the present. I said that in my post. However, these guys DID fall out. There was a time when Floyd wasn’t fukking with Jeff at all. He clearly said in an old ass interview that he wasn’t dealing with Jeff because “he stuck in his hand in the cookie jar,” indicating he felt he did some shady shyt.

Ever since that incident, you stopped seeing Floyd and Jeff together. Floyd giving that shout out at the end of the video reminded me of that time period.

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, then the question isn’t really directed to you. This question is more so directed to those that remember the Floyd/Boxingtalk days and remember Floyd speaking on why he doesn’t interact with Jeff.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NVM I found the answer

And Now, the Biggest Entertainer in Entertainment

“Floyd Jr. doesn’t speak to his uncle Jeff, either. “Not since 1999,” he says. “Put his hand in the cookie jar without me knowing. Then I found out.”

All the older boxing fans here probably remember seeing Jeff in his corner in the early PBF days. Ever since this incident, their relationship definitely wasn’t the same. Yeah he lets Jeff work at the gym and train fighters, but nothing more.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
NVM I found the answer

And Now, the Biggest Entertainer in Entertainment

“Floyd Jr. doesn’t speak to his uncle Jeff, either. “Not since 1999,” he says. “Put his hand in the cookie jar without me knowing. Then I found out.”

All the older boxing fans here probably remember seeing Jeff in his corner in the early PBF days. Ever since this incident, their relationship definitely wasn’t the same. Yeah he lets Jeff work at the gym and train fighters, but nothing more.
yeah Jeff either skimmed off some money from Floyd OR (most likely) fukked one of Floyd's main women..those were the 2 things ive always heard but yeah its rare you see both of them in a video or pic interacting with each other in this millennium

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah Jeff either skimmed off some money from Floyd OR (most likely) fukked one of Floyd's main women..those were the 2 things ive always heard but yeah its rare you see both of them in a video or pic interacting with each other in this millennium

And that article came out in ‘08, so it was already close to a decade of them not speaking. Who knows how long it went on until they got back on speaking terms.

Outside of a couple of videos on the Mayweather Channel, you don’t see these guys together, nor does Floyd acknowledge him publicly.

That article was probably the last time. LOL @ I haven’t talked to that nygga since ‘99.