Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
yeah I’ve seen this video, but it isn’t gonna give you that real shyt. A guy like Jeff isn’t gonna publicly come out and say what the issue is.

Cmon man this is thecoli. You don’t think we’ve seen this old video?
Jeff seems to be a character though, thief or not, he did nicely with the Mayweather Channel recently, at this point I'd say he's pretty well known.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i dont know what it is about this covid thats bringing these Argentinean fighters out of retirement...but again its not a good idea..lucas was the man but i dont want to see him fight anymore

They should make Chino vs Ol One Eye :manny:

Hometown fight for both... make some money

They both washed for different reasons... it’ll be a good measuring stick for Chinos comeback

If Chino Struggles with the broken face thearapy goin Swift PTSD having quitter Matthysse then Hell kno to stay at home N be a family man

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I never understood who are you calling Krillin here, missed the origin of it

Now I see in another comment it's Williams. Why?

I wish I had the original post I made about it available, because nothing can sum it up better, but i'll try to phrase it as best as I can here.

It's because he has all the traits of a side character in a anime/movie/show. etc....
He's skilled and looks like he should be the main star/hero, but has a major weakness (bad defense/ gets hit with everybody's best attack...ex uppercut) that keeps him from being nothing more than a side character in the movie/154 division.

The Hurd fight was basically his shining moment in the 154 tv series, before he gets murked off the show in the next episode or two.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
They should make Chino vs Ol One Eye :manny:

Hometown fight for both... make some money

They both washed for different reasons... it’ll be a good measuring stick for Chinos comeback

If Chino Struggles with the broken face thearapy goin Swift PTSD having quitter Matthysse then Hell kno to stay at home N be a family man

:mjlol:

True, but that might not stop Chino since he already used to struggling with a washed up one eyed fighter.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I wish I had the original post I made about it available, because nothing can sum it up better, but i'll try to phrase it as best as I can here.

It's because he has all the traits of a side character in a anime/movie/show. etc....
He's skilled and looks like he should be the main star/hero, but has a major weakness (bad defense/ gets hit with everybody's best attack...ex uppercut) that keeps him from being nothing more than a side character in the movie/154 division.

The Hurd fight was basically his shining moment in the 154 tv series, before he gets murked off the show in the next episode or two.
I get it now, thanks :mjlol:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Looks better that Cement Feet A.J. and Concrete Ankles Wilder.

Mike might fcuk around and knock one of the out...

My betting account ain't ready for a emotional-heart-driven bet. Not during the 'Rona drought :to:
How is calling AJ cement feet valid on any way after the Ruiz rematch? He moved quicker than any HW out now besides Usyk and Fury

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Arum: We'll Do Four-Fight ESPN Cards Two, Three Times A Week Starting In Early June

Arum: We'll Do Four-Fight ESPN Cards Two, Three Times A Week Starting In Early June
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon May 11, 2020, 01:10 PM EDT

Bob Arum’s promotional company is in the process of finalizing plans to start televising live boxing cards on ESPN early in June.

Arum divulged during a recent appearance on SiriusXM’s “At The Fights” details of a plan that’ll require extensive, expensive testing for COVID-19 and would allow for two or three events per week from the same hotel in Las Vegas, without fans in attendance. Top Rank Inc., the company Arum co-founded in 1973, is based in Las Vegas.

“We have contacted most of our fighters,” Arum told co-hosts Gerry c00ney and Randy Gordon. “We plan to launch the first week in June in a safe, secure way. We’re gonna initially launch in Nevada. We’ve made arrangements or are making arrangements with a hotel. We can get everybody tested, put them in a bubble and get these fights on. And unfortunately, because a lot of it requires so much extra work and care and testing that we’re gonna limit our fight shows to four fights a card. But that’s the bad side.

“The good side is we hope, we’re arranging with ESPN to do two or three events every week. So, because you know, you take a big sports network like ESPN, ESPN+, they don’t have live sports now and putting boxing on, particularly top-level boxing, will attract big audiences.”

bob-arum_24.jpg

Without live content typically provided this time of year by the NBA, MLB, MLS, UFC and boxing, ESPN largely has resorted to airing replays of those sports. The network even started televising live Korean Baseball Organization games last week.

Arum didn’t mention which fights would be part of the June launch. He also didn’t identify the Las Vegas hotel with which Top Rank is negotiating to stage multiple cards per week next month.

Like UFC, Top Rank has a content distribution partnership with ESPN. Unlike UFC 249, which took place Saturday night in Jacksonville, Florida, none of the events Arum’s company is putting together would be pay-per-view shows.

Each of those Top Rank cards would either air live on ESPN or be streamed by ESPN+, the network’s $5-per-month subscription service.

Top Rank has had to postpone six shows in the United States and Canada since the coronavirus pandemic essentially shut down both countries in the middle of March.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

So Top Rank is the first to move, will others follow suit?