Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Big Baby ain't got shyt else to do in quarantine....

"You’re a Punk”- Jarrell Miller goes after Deontay Wilder

Miller lashes out at Deontay Wilder for calling him a ‘Doper’. Miler has some claims also to make regarding his skill and superiority.

All this heat began last year when Jarrell Miller tested positive for several banned substances. This went down during the build-up to his fight with Anthony Joshua. Obviously, that fight didn’t happen after Jarrell tested positive. But Miller managed to escape a lengthy ban because he didn’t hold a boxing license at the time he tested positive.

Miller tested positive for EPO and GW1516. He failed the VADA test due to the presence of the said performance-enhancing drugs in his system. Despite all the evidence being stacked against him, Miller blamed the positive test results on a stem cell shot he had taken to help recover from a shoulder injury.

Deontay Wilder was very critical about Miller and his doping scandal. Miller went after Wilder saying, “There are certain athletes in the boxing game that use my name. If you can’t say it to my face, I know you’re a punk. Ninety-nine percent of the people you see in the boxing world would never look my way and say something to my face, that’s the kind of characters they are. ‘A lot of fighters that were talking junk. Andre Ward, Billy Joe Saunders, Tony Bellew, Deontay Wilder and (Eddie) Hearn. ‘A lot of fighters were running their mouth who didn’t know sh*t about this situation. ‘Deontay was running his mouth and his brother got popped for something. Like I said before, I wouldn’t jump to conclusions and you got to do your homework.”

Jarrell Miller claims he’s better than Deontay Wilder

Jarrell Miller wishes to return to competing once the COVID-19 situation settles down. He claims the no.2 spot in the world of boxing and says he’s going to be the world champ soon.

Jarrell Miller is already taking shots at the roster. He said, “I am number two in the world, the only reason I am not number one is because I don’t have no belt. I know I am a better fighter than all of these guys. ‘I’m better than AJ (Anthony Joshua), I’m better than Tyson, I’m better than Deontay. ‘I only call myself number two because I don’t have that belt. I’m going to be world champ.”

Ain't this Ski's mans? :mjlol:

Smoke come get your boy. He clearly in that shyt again. :heh:
i dont think anyone stanned big baby..but fukk this dude..he fukked up a big fight by popping dirty for not 1, not 2, but 3 separate PEDs which led to an unfortunate glitch in the matrix for one chief oluwafemi :francis:..which has since been corrected :myman:

that answers some questions like how a dude that big (nikka is big as fukk in person too) had the workrate he had :patrice:...lets see him go forward without all that shyt in his system lol..his zero needs to go for what he caused :beli:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Unrelated but any of y'all watch that show 60 days in

Yea, I was rooting that the white dude from philly would prove Tony wrong....bytch ass didn't even last a week :martin:
All them dudes who quit this season boil down to white dudes being scared to be around black dudes i think. No other way so many dudes quit and they weren't even being pressed or anything. It's like they couldn't even handle the environment
:dead:@ that one dude quitting during processing

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Prolly because --unless I'm mistaken -- both Gamboa and Mikey started at featherweight, but Crawford fought Gamboa at 35 while Spence fought Mikey at 47.

Clearly there was a size disadvantage for both Gamboa and Mikey, but moreso in Mikey's case.

Spence's win over Mikey would become more significant if Mikey goes on to have a meaningful campaign at 47.

Edit: Overall excitement generated by each fight matters too.

Crawford Gamboa exciting as fukk, 4 knockdowns, Crawford's hometown, HBO Boxing after Dark.

Spence Garcia Fox PPV in Dallas, but the actual fight turned into a huge mismatch, no one needed that fight to go 12.

Obviously one fight is going to be looked upon more favorably. Over time though, the Mikey W is probably going to be a better name than the Gamboa W.

This and the Gamboa fight was a while ago. I feel like going in to those matches more people had Garcia beating Spence then had Gamboa beating Crawford but it became apparent like a round or two into the Garcia Spence fight how wrong that was. It was a boring ass one sided sparring match where Spence didn't seriously hurt or knock out the clearly overmatched opponent (Bud "finished the job" in his match), rightly or wrongly Spence going receive less credit for it cause these things get evaluated in retrospect after the fact :yeshrug:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I still say Lewis has the best jab of all time. His arms were just long as shyt. Jab could reach you from the other side of canvas.

Breadman about the jab:

1. Jab the most important punch in boxing. When I look for a great jab I look at who controls their opponents with their jab. Lots of fighters have good jabs but few control their opponents with jabs. If I were teaching a fighter how to jab I would have them watch 3 jabbers. I think Ali has the best jab in history but his is too hard to teach. He jabbed often off the move and an off beat rhythm. He also flicked his jab and twisted his jab. He was gifted. I say he has the best because if you had a list of top 10 jabbers, Bob Foster, Sonny Liston and George Foreman would be on the list and Ali outjabbed them all.

But teaching someone a text book jab there are 3 fighters who stand out to me. Tommy Hearns, Pernell Whitaker and Andre Ward.

Hearns had the biggest variety of jabs out of the 3. He had a stick and move jab. He had a flick that he threw up and down. And he had a whip that he threw from a tick tock back and forth motion. Hearn’s jab was A plus.

Andre Ward beat a whole generation on a jab and infighting. Ward’s right hand was very limited throughout his prime. But his jab was hard, compact and constant. He threw it to the body and head. He threw it short and long. He controlled everyone with a hard, versatile jab. The thing that made Ward’s jab special was, Ward has good height but he doesn’t have long arms. Look at him close. He’s not lanky like Hearns.

So Ward was dominating long arm fighters like Carl Froch with a short armed jab. It proves that timing is more important than reach.

Pernell Whitaker may have the best jab I’ve ever seen. Whitaker is not tall either. He’s only 5’5. His reach is a lot better than Ward’s in relations to height but it wasn’t exceptional. But Whitaker’s jab was the ultimate. He could throw it off the move and jab to a safe spot. He could control the ring with his jab. He could blind you with it and set up his scoring left hand. When I hear people say that Whitaker wasn’t offensive it drives me crazy. It’s the repeating of a false myth. Whitaker wasn’t a KO artist. But he was very offensive. I watch for details and I think the thing that made Whitaker’s jab so perfect was his hand positioning. Whitaker’s hands were usually perfectly held when he wasn’t playing around. His lead shoulder was pointed at the target with his lead hand out in front, shoulder level. Whitaker’s jab didn’t have to go a great distance and there was no wasted motion on it. Just boom.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Breadman about the jab:

1. Jab the most important punch in boxing. When I look for a great jab I look at who controls their opponents with their jab. Lots of fighters have good jabs but few control their opponents with jabs. If I were teaching a fighter how to jab I would have them watch 3 jabbers. I think Ali has the best jab in history but his is too hard to teach. He jabbed often off the move and an off beat rhythm. He also flicked his jab and twisted his jab. He was gifted. I say he has the best because if you had a list of top 10 jabbers, Bob Foster, Sonny Liston and George Foreman would be on the list and Ali outjabbed them all.

But teaching someone a text book jab there are 3 fighters who stand out to me. Tommy Hearns, Pernell Whitaker and Andre Ward.

Hearns had the biggest variety of jabs out of the 3. He had a stick and move jab. He had a flick that he threw up and down. And he had a whip that he threw from a tick tock back and forth motion. Hearn’s jab was A plus.

Andre Ward beat a whole generation on a jab and infighting. Ward’s right hand was very limited throughout his prime. But his jab was hard, compact and constant. He threw it to the body and head. He threw it short and long. He controlled everyone with a hard, versatile jab. The thing that made Ward’s jab special was, Ward has good height but he doesn’t have long arms. Look at him close. He’s not lanky like Hearns.

So Ward was dominating long arm fighters like Carl Froch with a short armed jab. It proves that timing is more important than reach.

Pernell Whitaker may have the best jab I’ve ever seen. Whitaker is not tall either. He’s only 5’5. His reach is a lot better than Ward’s in relations to height but it wasn’t exceptional. But Whitaker’s jab was the ultimate. He could throw it off the move and jab to a safe spot. He could control the ring with his jab. He could blind you with it and set up his scoring left hand. When I hear people say that Whitaker wasn’t offensive it drives me crazy. It’s the repeating of a false myth. Whitaker wasn’t a KO artist. But he was very offensive. I watch for details and I think the thing that made Whitaker’s jab so perfect was his hand positioning. Whitaker’s hands were usually perfectly held when he wasn’t playing around. His lead shoulder was pointed at the target with his lead hand out in front, shoulder level. Whitaker’s jab didn’t have to go a great distance and there was no wasted motion on it. Just boom.
Bowe jab nice too

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
damn i saw the pics...floyd's daughter is about to do some real time

she stabbed ol girl over that young nikka nba youngboy..floyd's daughter was losing the fight with the hands so she stabbed the chick
She better pray that girl makes it through. Imagine going to jail for murder over dikk. She already gonna do serious time