Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
tumblr_mx68zl6VZh1rnxl9do3_250.gif
i was there!

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bruh he was even faster in his prime and there are no tapes unfortunately

I've posted this here before. He was so smooth. Maintaining distance with his jab, the beautiful footwork, & the way he was slipping punches is crazy. This is the definition of elite

Some greedy rich person's sitting on vintage prime footage of this man

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I've posted this here before. He was so smooth. Maintaining distance with his jab, the beautiful footwork, & the way he was slipping punches is crazy. This is the definition of elite

Some greedy rich person's sitting on vintage prime footage of this man

Damn if anyone got a library they need to feed the streets. :ohhh:
Haven't seen this before

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Jacobs: Benavidez Strongest, Plant Most Beatable Of 168-Pound Champs
By Keith Idec
Published On Mon Mar 30, 2020, 04:20 PM EDT

Daniel Jacobs has paid particularly close attention to boxing’s best super middleweights since the former middleweight champion moved up to the 168-pound division.

Based on what he has seen, Jacobs considers Caleb Plant the most beatable of the four fighters who own super middleweight titles. Jacobs assessed that group of undefeated fighters – which also includes David Benavidez (WBC), Billy Joe Saunders (WBO) and Callum Smith (WBA) – during an Instagram Live interview with promoter Eddie Hearn on Monday.

“To say who’s the best is kinda hard to say, but I would say, I mean, all those guys are top,” Jacobs said. “I would probably put Plant at the bottom of those names that you just named. I think Plant is good, but I think, you know, I think he can be beat. He’s beatable. I see a lot of flaws in his game.”

david-benavidez%20(1)_9.jpg

The 27-year-old Plant (20-0, 12 KOs) has made two defenses of the IBF belt he won by beating Venezuela’s Jose Uzcategui (29-4, 24 KOs) by 12-round unanimous decision 14 months ago at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Jacobs has a higher opinion of the 23-year-old Benavidez, who wants to oppose Plant in a title unification fight.

“But as far as Benavidez, he’s probably the strongest that I’ve seen amongst those guys that you just mentioned,” Jacobs added. “But now that I’m coming up to the super middleweight division, it’s interesting. And now these guys have my attention, and I’m gonna be studying, looking forward to what’s next, what’s best for me and my career.”

Benavidez (22-0, 19 KOs) was scheduled to make a voluntary defense of his WBC belt against Colombia’s Alexis Angulo (26-1, 22 KOs) on April 18 at Arizona Federal Theatre in Phoenix, Benavidez’s hometown. Their fight, which Showtime was slated to televise, has been postponed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Brooklyn’s Jacobs (36-3, 30 KOs) beat Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (51-4-1, 33 KOs, 1 NC) in his most recent fight, December 20 at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix. Mexico’s Chavez came in nearly five pounds overweight for that bout and declined to continue following the fifth round.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

Jacobs: Benavidez Strongest, Plant Most Beatable Of 168-Pound Champs

Y'all agree with Jacobs?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Hard to tell tbh. Does anyone really stand out there?

Just based off what I've seen Plant is easily the most skilled, but has stamina issues and isn't a hard puncher. Benavidez hits the hardest, but he really aint that skilled(at least not to me his brother Jose is the better boxer of the two), he fights to beat you up very entertaining to watch.

Callum Smith is probably the most well rounded as far as combination of skills and physical talents out of the bunch, and BJS honestly I aint very high on BJS he has skills, but he is so damn inconsistent. Against Lemiuex and Monroe he looked like he had the makings of a top 10 fighter, his last few fights he has looked :francis: though.

It's funny Jacobs says Plant is the weak link considering based off all these guys last few fights Plant has actually looked the best, with the exception of Benavidez fighting Dirrell which was a solid win, but also showed movement will be his downfall which is why I think Plant could beat him on points if he doesn't get KO'd. Not to mention Plant was an underdog against Uzi and thoroughly outclassed him.