Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
251alexander_ko_s_takaloo.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It is crazy how Crawford is viewed as highly as he is when everyone else campaigning in his weight class has fought better comp than him. Bob Arum is a legendary promoter I will give him that. P4P ranked fighter with a B level resume, in a division of guys with A level resumes who only one or two are looked at as the real deal. shyt's crazy.

Exactly. Dude living a real life cheat code for his career

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It is crazy how Crawford is viewed as highly as he is when everyone else campaigning in his weight class has fought better comp than him. Bob Arum is a legendary promoter I will give him that. P4P ranked fighter with a B level resume, in a division of guys with A level resumes who only one or two are looked at as the real deal. shyt's crazy.
It's only an A level resume if you win those big fights too. You can argue this with Pac and Spence, not with the others
Garcia's best win at 147 is Granados, he lost to both Porter and Thurman
Thurman just lost to a 40 years old Pac and his head doesn't seem to be in it, had he not lost his hunger he'd probably be ranked higher but it's hard to view this version of Thurman the same as the one who beat Garcia and Porter. Still a very good fighter but passed his prime with injuries and personal life.
Porter lost some and won some
Ugas gave a tough fight to Porter and he's a good fighter but he hasn't got no elite level resume either

I understand the criticism toward Crawford's level of opposition, fair enough, but I feel like the difference between the level of guys Bud fought and the level of these PBC guys gets hyperbolized on here. These Haymon 147ers are not god-level or anything (ok, besides prime Pac, but that's the past), sometimes they struggled with some of the same levels of opposition Crawford always dominated and/or stopped.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's only an A level resume if you win those big fights too. You can argue this with Pac and Spence, not with the others
Garcia's best win at 147 is Granados, he lost to both Porter and Thurman
Thurman just lost to a 40 years old Pac and his head doesn't seem to be in it, had he not lost his hunger he'd probably be ranked higher but it's hard to view this version of Thurman the same as the one who beat Garcia and Porter. Still a very good fighter but passed his prime with injuries and personal life.
Porter lost some and won some
Ugas gave a tough fight to Porter and he's a good fighter but he hasn't got no elite level resume either

I understand the criticism toward Crawford's level of opposition, fair enough, but I feel like the difference between the level of guys Bud fought and the level of these PBC guys gets hyperbolized on here. These Haymon 147ers are not god-level or anything (ok, besides prime Pac, but that's the past), sometimes they struggled with some of the same levels of opposition Crawford always dominated and/or stopped.
Still he needs to fight someone with a pulse. This is getting out of hand...hopefully Brook is tell the truth and they make the fight.