Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Can somebdoy explain to me the Fury glove controversy ? :skip:
Somebody who don’t know shyt about boxing starting a theory that was all but dead until Boxers and credible people in the sport started to agree with it that it looked funny. Basically accusing a former steroid cheat and coke head of being a cheater in the ring and hitting wilder bear handed.

I think it’s all bull shyt and what I really be worried about is it Fury was back on the juice. To me this is just something to help build the third fight that a lot of people don’t want.

We know one thing now, won’t be a flipping glove in the third fight, they will be checking hard for that.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think it’s all bull shyt and what I really be worried about is it Fury was back on the juice.
this would be the only concern...but his build def didnt scream juice to me lol..he gained weight..his usual look..but he passed his VADA so the wilder stans couldnt go off that anymore lol

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
I still believe that glovegate wouldn't be an issue if Wilder won either fight. When you try to explain to someone how bad it is for your fists and knuckles, they deflect instead of critiquing Wilder's strategy. Makes me wanna just argue over flyweights cuz that's where the real action is:mjlit:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I still believe that glovegate wouldn't be an issue if Wilder won either fight. When you try to explain to someone how bad it is for your fists and knuckles, they deflect instead of critiquing Wilder's strategy. Makes me wanna just argue over flyweights cuz that's where the real action is:mjlit:

in the first fight no one (meaning wilder stans) said shyt about gloves...it was "wilder scored 2 knockdowns so he automatically won the fight" or "white ref gave fury a long count and wilder really won the fight by KO" angles...big fukking dummies out there these wilder stans are

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Dude cheated, clearly. And he's been cheating for years. Margarito gloves became a thing despite Mosley beating the shyt out of him. So you make no sense. But like i said, at this point it's not about right or wrong, instead it's about pbc, Wilder hate and cacs and c00ns totally disregarding the truth because they'd rather bask in the glory of an untainted victory. Even though the evidence shows he cheated Wilder, and has attempted to before. He's also a drug cheat.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Dude cheated, clearly. And he's been cheating for years. Margarito gloves became a thing despite Mosley beating the shyt out of him. So you make no sense. But like i said, at this point it's not about right or wrong, instead it's about pbc, Wilder hate and cacs and c00ns totally disregarding the truth because they'd rather bask in the glory of an untainted victory. Even though the evidence shows he cheated Wilder, and has attempted to before. He's also a drug cheat.

The narrative went from "fukk Jack Reiss for saving Fury" to this shyt 15 months later so it makes a ton of sense because no one brought this shyt up until Wilder lost. Even his youtube stans were saying they wouldn't make excuses for him but as soon as glovegate came out, they started view chasing despite complaining about the count.

Cats are sounding like Mexican and Filipino fans complaining about Floyd "running". I'll concede that the glove looks weird but you mean to tell me that Fury fought 19 rounds without his hand swelling or knuckles and wrist breaking? I want the sport to thrive and I think these idiots wanting any specific entity to die isn't a fan. I can call out PBC for their in house shyt as much as Top Rank, hence why we haven't gotten Crawford/Spence.

I just try to take emotion out of these things. I respect Wilder for being a black man that did what he had to for his daughter but it annoys the hell out of me how his stans start c00n calling when someone points out his flaws as a boxer.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
He's a drug cheat but it ain't proven for this fight yet

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
a real injustice that was rectified..well half rectified...we need that WBC belt returned

Alejandra Jimenez Stripped By WBO; Crews-Dezurn Reinstated As Champ
By Jake Donovan

Published On Tue Mar 17, 2020, 06:24 PM EDT

Like every boxer in the world today, Franchón Crews-Dezurn isn’t quite sure when she will be able to return the ring.

When she does, there will be at least one major title back around her waist.

The World Boxing Organization has formally stripped Alejandra Jimenez of her super middleweight title after failing to comply with a Show Cause order after testing positive for a banned substance. The ruling, which was handed down on Tuesday, results in the belt making its way back to Crews-Dezurn and their January 10 bout officially treated as a No-Decision.

“Ms. Jimenez failed to comply with this Committee’s orders as per the “Show Cause” notices,” Luis Batista-Salas, chairman of the WBO Championship Committee stated in an official letter issued to both boxers, and of which BoxingScene.com has obtained a copy. “Notwithstanding the foregoing, Ms. Jimenez filed two email communications with no reliable, credible, or relevant supporting evidence in her defense, rather unfounded averments and allegations unsupported in the record.”

alejandra-jimenez.jpg

Mexico’s Jimenez (13-0-1, 9KOs) claimed a 10-round split decision win over Crews-Dezurn in their title fight this past January, which aired live on DAZN from The Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The win netted Jimenez both the WBO and World Boxing Council (WBC) 168-pound titles, making her a two-division titlist after having previously held a heavyweight title.

The glory was short-lived, as a test sample taken and collected by officials contracted by Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) on January 10—on the eve of the title fight—came back positive for the banned substance Stanazol. The news made the rounds on January 24, nearly two full weeks after the fight.

The development resulted in a 90-day suspension issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), along with the WBC suspending her title reign and the WBO officially putting her on the clock.

As is the case in all drug testing cases, the offending party has the right to either have their “B” sample tested or go straight to a hearing. The latter affords the offending party a platform to provide evidence suggesting contamination or ingestion of said substance through unintentional means.

In this case, Jimenez opted to have her “B” sample tested, choosing the latter of three offered dates—February 5, 12 or 19. Jimenez chose the latter of the three as a matter of convenience to her schedule, as she wanted to be present at the time of the sample being opened.

Her decision conflicted with a Show Cause order issued by the WBO which called for Jimenez to provide proof either of contamination or of ingestion through unintentional means, the latter which still doesn’t necessarily clear an athlete. Jimenez failed to do so despite two separate requests from the WBO, nor did her “B” sample differentiate from the original test result.

Crews-Dezurn—a longtime advocate for stringent drug testing—produced clean samples for every test she was required to take.

Having exhausted all options, the WBO decided the time had come for an official ruling, which in the end defaulted matters back to the way they were prior to fight night.

“Having this Committee examined and reviews the applicable rules and regulations, having granted all parties substantial due process, having confirmed with the Texas Licensing and Regulation Department, administrative regulatory body with jurisdiction over the official bout result and imposed suspension, and having considered petitioner’s request, this Committee rules as follows,” noted Salas. “NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the WBO World Championship Committee according to the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests as follows:

“The WBO World Championship Committee hereby strips Ms. Alejandra Jimenez of her WBO Female Super Middleweight Championship Title and it reinstates WBO Female Participant Ms. Franchon Crews-Dezurn as the official WBO Female Super Middleweight Champion.”

Jimenez is afforded one last ditch effort, as she will have fourteen (14) days from the time of Tuesday’s ruling to file an appeal in writing. As far as the other side is concerned, the rendered decision is the right call and final answer.

“Justice has been served,” said Oscar De La Hoya, chairman and CEO of Golden Boy told BoxingScene.com upon learning of the ruling. “This is the correct decision to make on behalf of the WBO to reinstate Franchon Crews-Dezurn as its super middleweight champion. It is always great to see justice in action, especially in this sport.”