Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I respect JCC as an ATG and he is, but he kinda overrated at the same time to me. Canelo definitely has a legit argument for GOAT Mexican boxer.

People will let their holding onto the past cloud their judgement, but it's facts. If you wanna argue Canelo was on roids it's fair, but don't act like Canelo aint right there with him.

I always have to mention this:

While Canelo does carry the distinction of being the current face of Mexican boxing, I've noticed that the Mexican people do not universally love him. Canelo's style has not impressed a lot of Mexicans, and I often hear Canelo as being described as being too arrogant or smug.

I wasn't even alive during JCC's reign so it's hard for me to definitively say, but people revere him like he's the people's champ.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

While Canelo does carry the distinction of being the current face of Mexican boxing, I've noticed that the Mexican people do not universally love him. Canelo's style has not impressed a lot of Mexicans, and I often hear Canelo as being described as being too arrogant or smug.

I wasn't even alive during JCC's reign so it's hard for me to definitively say, but people revere him like he's the people's champ.

Hella Mexicans were choosing GGG over Canelo

Jcc = Tito

Canelo = Cotto

As far as the fans go

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I work around a bunch of Mexicans, you aint gotta explain it to me they all already have. Mexicans for the most part can't stand Canelo, I aint ever seen the Mexican people cheer for a non Mexican fighter over a Mexican fighter the way they did GGG against Canelo. They be the main ones pisses that Canelo won the second fight and saying he lost. :mjlol:

All the Mexicans at work used to be like 'I can't stand that Mexican, I hope GGG breaks his jaw.' :russ:

I lowkey think it's not only because he is cocky, but his loss to Floyd has a lot to do with it also. He was supposed to take the torch from Floyd in they fight and Floyd embarrassed him, you notice out of all of Floyd wins, they talk about his W over Canelo the least, hell everybody tries not to bring it up. Floyd schooled that young man like he was his dad in that fight, and Mexicans HATE Floyd bruh. :lolbron:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I work around a bunch of Mexicans, you aint gotta explain it to me they all already have. Mexicans for the most part can't stand Canelo, I aint ever seen the Mexican people cheer for a non Mexican fighter over a Mexican fighter the way they did GGG against Canelo. They be the main ones pisses that Canelo won the second fight and saying he lost. :mjlol:

All the Mexicans at work used to be like 'I can't stand that Mexican, I hope GGG breaks his jaw.' :russ:

I lowkey think it's not only because he is cocky, but his loss to Floyd has a lot to do with it also. He was supposed to take the torch from Floyd in they fight and Floyd embarrassed him, you notice out of all of Floyd wins, they talk about his W over Canelo the least, hell everybody tries not to bring it up. Floyd schooled that young man like he was his dad in that fight, and Mexicans HATE Floyd bruh. :lolbron:

The Floyd fight was disappointing, but even as much as Mexicans hate Floyd, they recognize him as an all time great. Shyt, it wasn't cool seeing Manny run through Mexican fighters and being called the Mexicutioner, but we still give him his props.:yeshrug:

He would've been forgiven for the Floyd L if he had some other performance that overshadowed that night.

First G fight was too close with Canelo mostly countering and on his backfoot. Got a lot of hate for that performance.

Then he has an adverse test delaying the rematch.

The second G fight got him more respect, but G had success late that took some of the shine away from that W.

Jacobs was a clear W, but it wasn't spectacular or otherwise memorable.

Kovalev was when Mexicans started to begrudgingly accept that his resume and career is shaping up to be special.

He needs to have a performance where he demolishes an opponent. Either complete schooling or a KO win over the likes of BJS, Smith, Andrade or Charlo. Even an old fashion brawl with Benavidez or Ramirez would serve his rep well.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The Floyd fight was disappointing, but even as much as Mexicans hate Floyd, they recognize him as an all time great. Shyt, it wasn't cool seeing Manny run through Mexican fighters and being called the Mexicutioner, but we still give him his props.:yeshrug:

He would've been forgiven for the Floyd L if he had some other performance that overshadowed that night.

First G fight was too close with Canelo mostly countering and on his backfoot. Got a lot of hate for that performance.

The second G fight got him more respect, but G had success late that took some of the shine away from that W.

Kovalev was when Mexicans started to begrudgingly accept that his resume and career is shaping up to be special.

He needs to have a performance where he demolishes an opponent. Either complete schooling or a KO win over the likes of BJS, Smith, Andrade or Charlo. Even an old fashion brawl with Benavidez or Ramirez would serve his rep well.

I mean they act like Canelo has been ducking all the comp his whole career. He done fought everybody, yeah some of the fights are closer than others, but Canelo hasn't had as many gifts as JCC.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Canelo needs that W over more Mexicans ... he need to get to Benavidez before Plant does :smugfavre:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Crazy. All the Mexicans I know LOVE canelo. Esp the women.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why u gas Plant the way you do bruh?

Sweet hands got next :ufdup:

One thing that gets me stanning someone is if they show improvement... since PBC started Plant been on a bunch of they cards... he went from :russell: to throwing 7 punch combos slumping dudes :wow:

Another thing I like is the underdog... most of y’all picked Uzi over him...uzi was the betting favorite... plant drops uzi twice takes that belt N also showed toughness N a chin

Errybody picks benavidez N I’m telling y’all he ain’t it ... Plant goin make him look silly :takedat:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I think Cruiserweight needs to go back to 190. All these dudes sucking down to 199 need to just be heavyweights. Look at how Hunter has been just fine at heavy. That’s why heavyweight was better because it had an even wider talent pool.