Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think a fight of that stature has to be twice. It could be the defining fight of this generation. It’s also an undisputed fight for all the belts so the loser would deserve a rematch and a chance at redemption. The fight is too big to just do once.

I don’t always like rematches or trilogies, it depends, but often they don’t really do it for me but when we’re talking the biggest heavyweight fight in boxing of this generation between 2 British fighters I think it has to be twice. If AJ knocks Fury out in round 4 and catches him people are gonna say he caught him with a lucky punch and was lucky, if he does it again in the 2nd fight its definitive and can’t say anything. I think a fight of 2 fighters at that level it’s worth doing twice and the only way it can happen.

In theory what you said makes sense, but the reality is it has to be contracted twice because otherwise the winner would just walk away. If for example Fury gets a controversial points win and most think AJ won if there was no rematch clause I’m almost certain he wouldn’t fight him again without it being in the contract. I don’t think it’s a bad thing in such fights, if it’s too 1 sided on either end the loser should get an option to drop out though.

Wilder vs Fury I think only needed to happen twice because nearly everyone thought Fury won the first fight, 2nd 1 decided it. Wilder deserved his shot at redemption but came up short.

With AJ vs Fury the fight is so big there’s gonna be money in the 2nd fight, if it’s for undisputed it will be 1 of the biggest fights of all time in history.
You just used... paragraphs? :dwillhuh:

:troll:
I see your point btw and from a business viewpoint it's true, realistic. I was talking about it from just the pov of boxing fans.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
154 is a PBC majority division and I rarely talk shyt about it...so you know I think highly of that division lol

154 shined like a motherfukker last year with fades...154 is a top 3 division in boxing today minimum...way better than 147 or HW

154 is the most entertaining division and the most unpredictable, @R=G needs to put the loud down.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
154 is a PBC majority division and I rarely talk shyt about it...so you know I think highly of that division lol

154 shined like a motherfukker last year with fades...154 is a top 3 division in boxing today minimum...way better than 147 or HW
154 is a bunch of nikkas with suspect chins thats why it appears so competitive