Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I said it right after the rematch. Little g would never be the same. Which is why he's barely fought since that fight. Dude barely showed his face for like 6 months after that fight cause he was still nursing his injuries. Meanwhile canelo was fighting 3 months later in december :jawalrus:.....and he didn't need any extra time to "rest up". Went right back into training camp like nothin :sas2:

Little g has PTSD from that rematch. That dervycheko fight proved it. As soon as dervycheko went to the body little g was running for dear life. He's never gonna be the same mentally or physically.

This is exactly what I wanted to point out to @malbaker86 but left alone

Canelo didn't get hands put on him like you'd think in that 2nd fight the way GGG did

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
This is exactly what I wanted to point out to @malbaker86 but left alone

Canelo didn't get hands put on him like you'd think in that 2nd fight the way GGG did

:whoa: I'm not saying that GGG dished out the same amount of punishment, i'm just saying that he DID dish some out...and let's not act like Nelo ain't fight Rocky Fielding bruh :comeon:. Not knocking Fielding cause he's a professional fighter who'd put me in a coma, but that ain't the strongest of opps and we all know that. I think everyone acknowledged that the 2nd Nelo fight mentally and physically drained GGG. Hell I didn't like the way he looked against Steve Rolls

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You supposed to use the jab to set up your power punches, GGG was just pumping his jab to keep his workrate up to fool the judges into thinking Canelo wasn't boxing circles around him. Canelo won rounds 1-6 in BOTH fights, his stamina issues(and GGGs motor) is the only thing that allowed GGG to make it competitive. If GGG would have attacked the body(which he didn't in either fight cause he is a one dimensional headhunter), he may have been able to slow down that ass whooping that Canelo was putting on him.

I still don't underatand what people saw to think GGG won either fight besides throwing a bunch of jabs and missing a lot of power shots(which he is known for landing cause he isn't a slick boxer). Canelo has some questionable wins in his career in my book, but the two fights with GGG were not the ones bruh.
Canelo dictated the pace of both fights. He went wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted. The first fight was closer because canelo hit a complete wall after round 4. Rumors are that he overtrained and I believe it. 2nd fight he slimmed back down and Looked much sharper. He stayed in the pocket and put a beating on little g. Now yea golovkin did rally late. Which you gotta respect. But even then canelo was slipping a lot of that shyt. Like round 10 where canelo was "badly" hurt. Dude took one great punch. Then he sat back and let little g blow his load. Then went right back to walking him down and landing power shots.

If there's a 3rd fight at 168, I think canelo is really gonna try to battery golovkin. I think he's already outgrown 160 completely. His stamina looks a lot better at the higher weights.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I personally think Ortiz should win. I'm not sure how good of a chin Ruiz got cause outside of the Parker and AJ 2x craps, I never checked for him like that. We know Ortiz can be put down, but that's by Wilder who puts down everyone.

Should be a good fight. My money is Ruiz though...barely. Then again, Ortiz fights to the level of his comp cause i'm still not over how he looked against Kauffman and Hammer

Watch the fight don't get made :beli:

Whyte/Ruiz was the better fight imo. Ortiz just got sent to the Phantom zone. Putting him back in there with another puncher ain't the wisest of moves but then again this is Ruiz. We don't know for certain how he's gonna show up now that he's paid as fukk. Fight could be damn good or trash when you think about it.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:whoa: I'm not saying that GGG dished out the same amount of punishment, i'm just saying that he DID dish some out...and let's not act like Nelo ain't fight Rocky Fielding bruh :comeon:. Not knocking Fielding cause he's a professional fighter who'd put me in a coma, but that ain't the strongest of opps and we all know that. I think everyone acknowledged that the 2nd Nelo fight mentally and physically drained GGG.

:russ:

I get it lol. I just wanted to make the point that he fought 3 months later, reiterating he didn't take much punishment....even if it was Rocky Fielding :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Whyte/Ruiz was the better fight imo. Ortiz just got sent to the Phantom zone. Putting him back in there with another puncher ain't the wisest of moves but then again this is Ruiz. We don't know for certain how he's gonna show up now that he's paid as fukk. Fight could be damn good or trash when you think about it.

all i know is whyte came in candy eating shape in his last fight and stunk it out....the heavies are so up and down

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
:whoa: I'm not saying that GGG dished out the same amount of punishment, i'm just saying that he DID dish some out...and let's not act like Nelo ain't fight Rocky Fielding bruh :comeon:. Not knocking Fielding cause he's a professional fighter who'd put me in a coma, but that ain't the strongest of opps and we all know that. I think everyone acknowledged that the 2nd Nelo fight mentally and physically drained GGG. Hell I didn't like the way he looked against Steve Rolls
Nah I gained a lot of respect for little g after that fight. He showed a lot of heart in those late rounds. I even made a post right after the fight how he earned all my respect. I don't necessarily like dude as a person. But his heart in the ring is the stuff of legends. But when I see dudes still holding a grudge over that L and trying to slander canelo, I'm always gonna come to the defense. Cause when it comes to cracking jokes and talking shyt, CaneloCartel is number 1 in this bytch :myman:

I really wanted to just make peace after that rematch. Cause it was an all time classic where both guys gave everything they had. Canelo was the rightful winner. But sometimes people just can't let bygones be bygones. It is what it is :yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

I think if Ortiz isn't damaged after those Wilder fights he beats Ruiz. I think his southpaw stance is gonna give that plodder problems. Unless Ruiz comes in much lighter I think there's a strong possibility he loses a UD

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
If there's a 3rd fight at 168, I think canelo is really gonna try to battery golovkin. I think he's already outgrown 160 completely. His stamina looks a lot better at the higher weights.

fukk all this....these two just match up well and that's all there is too it and which is why everyone wants a 3rd fight. They just remind me of Morales vs Barrera, two different styles of boxers who legit don't like each other but you know the fight is going to be competitive and close. Wish GGG would, and I think it's too late now cause he don't have the same punch resistance anymore, stop delaying the obvious and go to 168 cause I think the 3rd fight would be better for both if it took place at that weight. But yea, his punch resistance is gone and he's not as quick (not that he was ever Floyd with the movement) as he was. His stamina does seem the same either. But like I said, all that shyt gets thrown out the window cause him and Nelo just match up well with each other. Just is what it is...

When I say punch resistance...I just mean how he reacts to certain shots now. Like you pointed out, them body blows he's taken recently...he not just walking through them anymore. Granted, there's NO boxer who likes getting hit to the body, but he was taking some FLUSH body shots that had him second guessing.

Personally would like to see him vs BJS and Smith more than I do Canelo if i'm being honest :yeshrug:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think if Ortiz isn't damaged after those Wilder fights he beats Ruiz. I think his southpaw stance is gonna give that plodder problems. Unless Ruiz comes in much lighter I think there's a strong possibility he loses a UD

I lost faith in the Cuban school of boxing a long time ago.
He should be able to outbox Ruiz while on auto pilot, but he struggled and looked shytty against lesser fighters than that. Plus dude is like 45, I doubt his legs gonna have him moving around the ring all nimbly like that for 12 rounds.

I can't favor neither of these nikkas. Two fukking disappoints squaring off to see who's the least disappointing. True 50/50 fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He should be able to outbox Ruiz while on auto pilot, but he struggled and looked shytty against lesser fighters than that. Plus dude is like 45, I doubt his legs gonna have him moving around the ring all nimbly like that for 12 rounds.

I can't favor neither of these nikkas. Two fukking disappoints squaring off to see who's the least disappointing. True 50/50 fight

#facts..esp about the cuban boxing system

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

Great fight, hopefully placed on fox.