Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Was listening to the Mike Coppinger podcast earlier and apparently Miller vs Takam was in play for the Wilder vs Fury 2 undercard, that was a fight that was hoping to be made but it's off the table now. Shame cause that would have been a good entertaining undercard fight.
I don’t understand why these promoters don’t stack theses cards with heavyweights, best thing Eddie does.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t understand why these promoters don’t stack theses cards with heavyweights, best thing Eddie does.

I think it would have been really fun to make this like a Top Rank vs PBC card throughout, I think that would have made the overall event bigger. And yeah I always enjoy heavyweight fights on the undercards of heavyweight matches too, because it can kind of be linked in together in a sense and is somewhat of interaction between the division's fighters. For example I remember on Whyte vs Parker, they did Chisora vs Takam on the undercard which ended up being an amazing dramatic fight and not long after that Whyte vs Chisora 2 happened. I'd like to see that happen more often across the board, so it has some elements of a tournament style to it at times. Eddie sometimes has very strong undercards, sometimes it's not even on a show like AJ's because he sells it itself, but on a lesser star like Whyte or Chisora the undercards are sometimes stella. The Whyte vs Parker card was 1 of the best have seen, every fight ended up being dramatic and dope. From the sounds of it the Chisora vs Usyk card is going to be great too. I like getting that full experience as a fan not just waiting on 1 singular fight, I like watching them all and building up to the climax of the main event.

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I think it would have been really fun to make this like a Top Rank vs PBC card throughout, I think that would have made the overall event bigger. And yeah I always enjoy heavyweight fights on the undercards of heavyweight matches too, because it can kind of be linked in together in a sense and is somewhat of interaction between the division's fighters. For example I remember on Whyte vs Parker, they did Chisora vs Takam on the undercard which ended up being an amazing dramatic fight and not long after that Whyte vs Chisora 2 happened. I'd like to see that happen more often across the board, so it has some elements of a tournament style to it at times. Eddie sometimes has very strong undercards, sometimes it's not even on a show like AJ's because he sells it itself, but on a lesser star like Whyte or Chisora the undercards are somethings stella. The Whyte vs Parker card was 1 of the best have seen, every fight ended up being dramatic and dope. From the sounds of it the Chisora vs Usyk card is going to be great too. I like getting that full experience as a fan not just waiting on 1 singular fight, I like watching them all and building up to the climax of the main event.
Yeah I believe that card was right by my birthday. I remember it being wild

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
fukk can-elo and fukk golden girl

Like i mentioned before I had to question the level Murata is really on after this fight

the highlights of this dont do justice on the asswhoopin Murata got. They were trying to make Murata vs GGG as a way to entice GGG to sign to TR and this fight killed those plans.

Murata just avenged that loss but he is not ready for a Canelo fight. Not even close.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Like i mentioned before I had to question the level Murata is really on after this fight

the highlights of this dont do justice on the asswhoopin Murata got. They were trying to make Murata vs GGG as a way to entice GGG to sign to TR and this fight killed those plans.

Murata just avenged that loss but he is not ready for a Canelo fight. Not even close.

He took them same shots in the second fight but walked through them like he had Ariza shakes flowing through his veins