Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did that even make the Dubois/Joyce fight? It’s a good fight but I really dnt see the point of a prospect vs prospect fight in the HW division. The division ain’t deep enough for all that. Like the fight but dnt see the point in this shallow ass division.

A few reasons, 1 reason I think they are doing it is because Frank Warren is confident Daniel Dubois will win. Even though both are signed with him Daniel Dubois is like his golden goose in Frank’s mind I believe. I think he’s feeding Joyce to him, in the WBO Daniel Dubois is number 3 in the rankings, which is ridiculous and unfair at this point, but that’s another story, Joyce is ranked in the top 15 there too so I wonder if a win may end up putting him 2nd, it’s possible and by that time the actual shot comes around Usyk will either be a champion or have a defeat probably so he’d be in line for the mandatory title shot potentially. I think that’s possibly a key reason.

Money is another reason, in U.K it’s quite a big fight, they’ve been building both up, Dubois biggest fight was Gorman, Joyce is a bigger star than Gorman and people in boxing know Joyce because he was quite a successful amateur and he’s done pretty well as a pro so far too. Beaten better opponents as a pro than Dubois has so far. Joyce doesn’t really need to take this fight in my opinion but it is a big opportunity, if he wins he will rise up the WBO rankings significantly. That and money are the reasons he’d take the fight. As was mentioned he’s not getting younger. His team may see that as a quick route to challenge for a world title eventually against an inexperienced foe, I think they are gambling on Dubois’ inexperience and also the fact he hasn’t been truly tested. We know for sure he has genuine power but how is his chin? How is his stamina? Can he win on points against a good boxer or is he too reliant on the power? All these questions aren’t fully answered yet so I think that’s Joyce’s teams perspective, calculated risk.

Also Dubois needs an opponent, they tried to fight Dave Allen after he had mental health issues and health issues which I felt was embarrassing on their part. It was trying to exploit somebody vulnerable for their own gain, was put a stop to by Dave’s advisors though, so he doesn’t really have credible opponents, last opponent was a mismatch, this fight he can probably gain something from against a ranked fighter, also Dubois is a power puncher and Joyce has been knocked out before in the amateurs, they probably feel he will he again.

Really good fight in my opinion, I wish more of these fights would get made, but too many are playing it cautious and playing a political game to try and get a position by padding their records. 2 guys fighting in what on paper isn’t certain is much more entertaining to me. It reminds me a bit of when AJ fought Whyte, 2 good prospects thrown in together.

If Hrgovic vs Bakole happens that’s another nice fight, Hrgovic is the favourite but at least it’s a step up for Hrgovic. The closer the fights are on paper the more compelling it can be as a viewer, I hope Billy Joe Saunders vs Callum Smith happens too. If Andy Ruiz takes the Dillian Whyte offer I really like the way the year is shaping up, I already do, I think this is gonna be a good 1. Fury vs Wilder result is gonna reverberate around the world and division.

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Why did that even make the Dubois/Joyce fight? It’s a good fight but I really dnt see the point of a prospect vs prospect fight in the HW division. The division ain’t deep enough for all that. Like the fight but dnt see the point in this shallow ass division.
That’s the point. None of these guys are going to get title shots until the fight each other. They have to do something to break through, also have to test yourself before going in the fire with a champ. Think AJ vs Whyte

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Damn so why haven’t he fought any eliminators or middle ground names yet. I’m like damn these guys ain’t even made it to the chisoras and Dave Allen’s of the world yet.

But damn I thought Joyce was younger that that :picard:
Stiverne And Jennings are better than Allen don’t do that or even Kildaze(Ajagba last opp) hell are y’all sure Chisora would beat Jennings because I’m not.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why would porter or kool keith want to face him? they've already beaten the shyt outta him and danny has no real status or title to entice them :heh:

Thurman/Garcia was terrible. Porter/Garcia was just okay.

Here’s a good question. Is Garcia only entertaining if he’s significantly better then his opponent (squash match)? I’ll have to think about that.

Regardless, there’s other fights for Danny. I’d rather see fresh fights then rematches.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
A few reasons, 1 reason I think they are doing it is because Frank Warren is confident Daniel Dubois will win. Even though both are signed with him Daniel Dubois is like his golden goose in Frank’s mind I believe. I think he’s feeding Joyce to him, in the WBO Daniel Dubois is number 3 in the rankings, which is ridiculous and unfair at this point, but that’s another story, Joyce is ranked in the top 15 there too so I wonder if a win may end up putting him 2nd, it’s possible and by that time the actual shot comes around Usyk will either be a champion or have a defeat probably so he’d be in line for the mandatory title shot potentially. I think that’s possibly a key reason.

Money is another reason, in U.K it’s quite a big fight, they’ve been building both up, Dubois biggest fight was Gorman, Joyce is a bigger star than Gorman and people in boxing know Joyce because he was quite a successful amateur and he’s done pretty well as a pro so far too. Beaten better opponents as a pro than Dubois has so far. Joyce doesn’t really need to take this fight in my opinion but it is a big opportunity, if he wins he will rise up the WBO rankings significantly. That and money are the reasons he’d take the fight. As was mentioned he’s not getting younger. His team may see that as a quick route to challenge for a world title eventually against an inexperienced foe, I think they are gambling on Dubois’ inexperience and also the fact he hasn’t been truly tested. We know for sure he has genuine power but how is his chin? How is his stamina? Can he win on points against a good boxer or is he too reliant on the power? All these questions aren’t fully answered yet so I think that’s Joyce’s teams perspective, calculated risk.

Also Dubois needs an opponent, they tried to fight Dave Allen after he had mental health issues and health issues which I felt was embarrassing on their part. It was trying to exploit somebody vulnerable for their own gain, was put a stop to by Dave’s advisors though, so he doesn’t really have credible opponents, last opponent was a mismatch, this fight he can probably gain something from against a ranked fighter, also Dubois is a power puncher and Joyce has been knocked out before in the amateurs, they probably feel he will he again.

Really good fight in my opinion, I wish more of these fights would get made, but too many are playing it cautious and playing a political game to try and get a position by padding their records. 2 guys fighting in what on paper isn’t certain is much more entertaining to me. It reminds me a bit of when AJ fought Whyte, 2 good prospects thrown in together.

If Hrgovic vs Bakole happens that’s another nice fight, Hrgovic is the favourite but at least it’s a step up for Hrgovic. The closer the fights are on paper the more compelling it can be as a viewer, I hope Billy Joe Saunders vs Callum Smith happens too. If Andy Ruiz takes the Dillian Whyte offer I really like the way the year is shaping up, I already do, I think this is gonna be a good 1. Fury vs Wilder result is gonna reverberate around the world and division.

Dope breakdown :salute:since they cross the pound I admittedly don’t pay too much attention.

I will be watching this scrap tho.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Keith ran for his life N was :whew:at getting the decision...then took a 2 year hiatus cuz Swift punched his arm too hard

Iwy1U8k.gif

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
nikkas gonna get at me for this but sparring mma brehs>>>boxing. Leg kicks aside sparring them is usually touch sparring which ive always loved i feel you can work on technical things better w touch sparring than going hard imo.

Especially knowing all the shyt we do now about concussions :snoop: my god i did so much dumb shyt when i was younger hard sparring dudes w 20+lbs on me :snoop: sparring a few days after getting your bell rung :snoop: driving home after a concussion :snoop:.

Now that my son grapples and does MT i would NEVER have him in a situation where they are doing hard sparring or throws if its grappling. Actual matches are different but yeah you shouldnt be getting fukked up in practice.

Idk if im getting soft w age but man we did some dumb shyt in the 90s and 00s :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Especially knowing all the shyt we do now about concussions :snoop: my god i did so much dumb shyt when i was younger hard sparring dudes w 20+lbs on me :snoop: sparring a few days after getting your bell rung :snoop: driving home after a concussion :snoop:.

sparring wars..shyt happens..shyt i was sparring with a pinched nerve in my neck for a min..thats why i had to cut all regular sparring out once i transitioned completely into corporate world...i cant have it affect the shyt i do for a living..i can count on my hands how many times ive sparred since the summer of 2007

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
nikkas gonna get at me for this but sparring mma brehs>>>boxing. Leg kicks aside sparring them is usually touch sparring which ive always loved i feel you can work on technical things better w touch sparring than going hard imo.

Now that my son grapples and does MT i would NEVER have him in a situation where they are doing hard sparring or throws if its grappling. Actual matches are different but yeah you shouldnt be getting fukked up in practice.

Idk if im getting soft w age but man we did some dumb shyt in the 90s and 00s :snoop:
Yep. Sparring wars should be few and far between