Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Wilder bringing boxing back to the forefront in America, wow. Never seen so many ESPN videos on boxing in one week, he is getting hits as well.

This fight was a great way to transition into the FOX deal as well.....boxing hasn't had this type of mainstream momentum since I was a kid. Random people at work asking if I saw the "Wilder Fury" Fight.....this is strange..these people aren't supposed to know who Wilder or Fury are!

Am I just imagining this or what?
A dramatic KO in the 12th would have catapulted him into the true forefront. But I agree For the most part.

Heavyweights will always be the main draw in America in regard to mainstream attention. Would you say at this point he’s the biggest name as an American boxer, excluding Floyd and the older freshly retired Americans veterans?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
A dramatic KO in the 12th would have catapulted him into the true forefront. But I agree For the most part.

Heavyweights will always be the main draw in America in regard to mainstream attention. Would you say at this point he’s the biggest name as an American boxer, excluding Floyd and the older freshly retired Americans veterans?
If Wilder can KO him in the rematch,it will be an overall better story than destroying him in the first fight.
Granted he wins the second fight,this has all the makings of a Rocky movie.
Let's be real,if he destroyed Fury in the first fight he'd get zero credit and this fight wouldnt have been even remotely talked about the way it is now.
It might have got Wilder Stiverne coverage but that's about it.

Fury doing as good as he did ,is a story in itself. Fury has given a new generation of young CAC's someone to believe in within boxing.
Yea they got Loma,GGG ,had the Klits but this is different.
Non of them can talk like fury. Fury has the personality and convo of a white dude from the rougher non uppity amercian white neighborhoods.
People will identify with him.
He made the ko king wilder look like a bumbling idiot for many rounds and was g'd up enough to rise to his feet after getting clocked.
This not only makes certain groups of fans want to follow him.
It also makes him a much more credible opponent in the rematch.
This is great for boxing. I'm sure whomever wins will fight Joshua and that fight is even bigger.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did Wilder get exposed?

I accepted what the guy was YEARS ago. I mean he was getting thoroughly outboxed by Gerald Washington before he knocked him out. Everyone knows he can be outboxed. I guess it takes a :"big fight" from so called experts to see these flaws.

The thing with Wilder is in order to beat him, you gotta have a chin to last 12 rounds. There's just not very many fighters that can go the distance with Wilder.

If Wilder-AJ happens, AJ has to knock him out, or he will get knocked out.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
How did Wilder get exposed?

I accepted what the guy was YEARS ago. I mean he was getting thoroughly outboxed by Gerald Washington before he knocked him out. Everyone knows he can be outboxed. I guess it takes a :"big fight" from so called experts to see these flaws.

The thing with Wilder is in order to beat him, you gotta have a chin to last 12 rounds. There's just not very many fighters that can go the distance with Wilder.

If Wilder-AJ happens, AJ has to knock him out, or he will get knocked out.

People making it seem like Wilder got schooled like Lemieux did vs. BJS.

Wilder is severely limited yet until I see his right get completely nullified I ain't comfortable in trashing him like others have.

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
Hard to give credit to a guy dropping somebody with his Sunday punch, when that same person gets back up and stuns you and controls the rest of round. :hhh:

Where were all these fake woke nikkas when cats were saying Cloud got a gift against Campillo?

I remember him catching a lil lesson after scoring some knockdowns. :sas2:

cloud was my nikka...i plead the 5th on who i thought won :francis:

his mama fainting after that decision was made was :dead:

Cloud a Florida nikka so you already know I gotta say he won :mjgrin:

with that said even if you thought he lost, he ain't look as bad as Wilder did against Fury

I just looked him up on Boxrec. i guess he's making a comeback because he has a fight in feb.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I didn't wanna believe you because Cloud shouldn't be fighting but damn you were right. :mjcry:

I hope he don't get hurt and that the time away from the ring helped him.
i dont think that whatever fight cloud has scheduled is a good idea..that campillo fight is his last official victory to date and thats almost 7 years ago

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You goddamn right.. With all Fury 'superior" defense and "superior" head movement. Again all he had to do was make it through the 12th and not get dropped to secure a victory..
Wilder stopped that shyt from happening cause Fury just wasn't good enough..

Only a fukk nikka would give Fury credit (cause he got up) but not give credit to the man who dropped him
Breh fury lost 100 pounds and Wilder was his first high level fight in years, with a camp focusing on strength, technique, rather than weight and him knowing wilders distance, I expect a fury tko if rematch happens

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Breh fury lost 100 pounds and Wilder was his first high level fight in years, with a camp focusing on strength, technique, rather than weight and him knowing wilders distance, I expect a fury tko if rematch happens

Yall hating ass nikkas been secretly hoping Wilder gets KOd for years :mjpls:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: R=G

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
Lorenzo Simpson's debut is tonight, I'm surprised he's stepping straight into 160 and not 147 or 154. That would've been the better move but I'm excited to see how he looks. Given his amateur pedigree and the amount of exposure he's been given on various platforms (Floyd mentioning him to TMZ, Uninterrupted feature piece, etc) there's been no buzz around it.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^ regarding Simpson:

No hype is understandable..let him get a few wins first and the train will start. It's not like he's fighting on something like Shobox or an ESPN under-card to start, he is literally fighting in a random school hall.

A guy like Michael Williams Jr also has a lot of hype, is exciting and is already 8-0 and we haven't even seen him on shobox yet or anything either. It will take some time.

The prospects that get put on instantly are guys like Shakur Stevenson. He got featured from the start because he meddled in Olympics.