Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I havent seen what she got for her 2nd fight but for her first fight with Combate Serrano got $25k show/no win bonus. That's not too bad for a smaller organization, I know she wasnt getting that to box under Dibella.
Amanda said she got paid more in her debut MMA fight than she did in her last fight against Yamila Reynoso for her 6th division title :patrice:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Amanda said she got paid more in her debut MMA fight than she did in her last fight against Yamila Reynoso for her 6th division title :patrice:
Women MMA bigger than women boxing for some reason... :yeshrug:

I don’t know how this came exactly but if I know it right in MMA they are putting more promo behind the women scene and they even had a women crossover MMA star. Not for long though.

With men boxing pays more and with women MMA pays more

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Thinking of the way people describe Leonard vs Hagler or Spence vs Crawford or GGG vs Canelo. It was a random ass thought but in like Hagler, Spence and GGG are great boxers in their own right. There not these brawlers that fight without immense skill but the way people describe these matchups it’s like they going to come in head down and just punch. They all have great jabs, Spence and Hagler had (incredible stamina body punch), they all throw combinations and use slight head movement in order to not get hit with crazy big punches. Boxing needs to be redefined to not just included the defense of fighters but the offensive guys as well.

It's because most people think it takes more skill to box on the backfoot and counter punch than to come forward and punch with mean intentions even though both take about the same skill and training to do effectively.

Truthfully you could market Crawford as a KO puncher on some Jeff Lacy shyt, but some of the purist might feel you're slighting his high level boxing skills and going for the low hanging fruit by mentioning the knockouts first even though we all know that there is a certain craft/skilled applied when forcing KOs. Then I guess it depends on the fighter too and their style. Wlad was prolly touted equally for his power and skill. Guys like Spence and GGG have their ko's touted above their skill. All 4 of these guys get knockouts consistently but in their on way.

Boxers, boxer punchers, punchers, swarmers, brawlers, etc.....at the end of the day they all got gloves on punching while not kicking or wrestling, so they boxing in my book :manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

I don’t think it would take THAT long. I expect it next fall or spring of 2020 at worst. Pulev maybe a mandatory but he’d need to sit down if the decide to unify cause unification trumps mandatories.

All that only if Wilder beats Fury... if Fury beats Wilder then they might never fight (Joshua and Fury). Fury might be too stubborn to deal with, he’ll want 50-50 or more what he won’t get imo, also the channels are different...