Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Agreed. I appreciate that they're trying to book good fights, or at least trying to buy the rights to good fights. I just don't appreciate booking Jerrell Miller as a headliner :scust:
They’re just putting him in those spots , probably another main event after that for the eventual feeding to AJ. Hearn ain’t slick.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Ok so I don't wanna hear a word from any of you about "why is Crawford fighting this dude?"
That's why :stopitslime:

I remember there were some voices and around the web who said Crawford might not want that smoke. Apparently it's only Crawford's side who is talking about this fight actively the other side is talking about wrong sides of the street and in-house leagues. :camby:

I don't say Arum is any better either in divisions where his stable is stronger but don't tell me Haymon would be better. :heh: Both are bad in this regard.

I watched the video this "quote" was taken from

And that brother ain't say one word of that "quote"

He said " PBC leadership are deal makers who don't denigrate others and will get a deal done"

Stop falling for goofy shyte

All of these boxers are con artist, just tell lies and eventually turn to businessmen, I’ll never believe another word I hear out of a boxers mouth. Once they start getting money they’ll turn into businessmen too.

Somebody's mad mad
zlnxksuyob2veobj3tjm.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Lomachenko Reveals His List For Top 5 Pound-For-Pound

Lomachenko Reveals His List For Top 5 Pound-For-Pound

By Miguel Rivera

WBA lightweight world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko said that he's not in the sport for business, but for entering the history books as one of the greatest. With this in mind, the Ukrainian boxer confirmed that should he beat Jose Pedraza on December 8 in New York, he would love nothing more than measuring himself against Mikey Garcia, whom he cataloged as one of the best fighters of the moment.

"People know you if you say something wrong, if you are talkative, but I do not fight for fame, for me the most important thing is to put my name in history," Lomachenko said to ESPN Deportes.

"My father explained to me... the important things in life, and money can end tomorrow - but with history they will not forget you. That's why, for me, boxing is a sport and not a business."

lomachenko-linares-fight%20(20).jpg

Although he congratulated Canelo Alvarez for his recent contract deal with DAZN, he does not view the Mexican fighter as the best pound-for-pound boxer in the sport.

For Lomachenko's list of the top 5 pound-for-pound boxers in the sport - excluding himself - he places WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford in the number 1 slot. Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez, who holds the WBC, WBA middleweight belts, is Loma's pick for the number 2 position. He tabs WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC cruiserweight king Oleksandr Usyk for the third position, while IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion lands the fourth spot. And future opponent, WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia, is picked for the fifth position.

"For me Mikey is the fifth best in the world, Anthony Joshua is fourth, Oleksandr Usyk is third, Canelo is the second and Terence Crawford is the first... of course, without me being on the list because they already know my place," Lomachenko said as he smiled.

Loma is a big Joshua fan apparently :ehh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I watched the video this "quote" was taken from

And that brother ain't say one word of that "quote"

He said " PBC leadership are deal makers who don't denigrate others and will get a deal done"

If I understood correctly that was a different topic he was talking about he was asked about AJ vs Wilder before and he talked that. If there's a point in the interview where he talks about Spence vs Crawford then link it from that time stamp

and besides that my point stands
Mayweather also said Spence vs Crawford not now but down the line, Spence is talking about "wrong side of the street" and that he will never go to fight on ESPN.
I get it... they on the in-house shyt like Arum often too when his roster is stronger in a division.
Just don't give me the "why Bud is fighting these nonames" then. We should make it clear that none of these promoters/string pullers are better than the other in this regard and they gonna pull the same shyt and also that it ain't really Crawford's fault that he will fight the Mean Machine or Dadashev and etc... whatever how hard is the urge for some ppl to ridicule it, because as you can hear/see he can't get fights from PBC, not against the top tier ones at least.

If Arum can get Porter, Swift or Thurman to fight Crawford that's great but I doubt they would let any of those guys to go fight Crawford, not until they served their purpose in the long term plan at least.Swift is the most likely rn but I doubt they wouldn't still have plans with him they won't just let him fight Crawford imo. Or even if they would for my money Swift would rather prefer a Thurman rematch or a Porter rematch.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

We can forget about the "all the experts had Golovkin winning" shyt then? :ld:

We already what it is. Most actual fighters had canelo winning, but little g stans wanna give more credibility to a bunch of media who don't even follow boxing:mjlol:.....i'm taking the opinion of floyd, charlo, spence, and lomachenko any day over a bunch of dudes who look like this
DYfdEhrI_400x400.jpg

We all know what it is though. Even the little g stans know. The fighters say canelo won because they watched the fight from the perspective a fighter. They know which fighter they woulda rather been when that final bell rang. shyt, EVERYBODY knows which fighter they woulda rather been. And it definitely wasn't little g. I don't even think dude has showed his face since the fight happened. He prolly still suffering the effects. I could understand if little g's jab was actually doing damage. But his jab never wavered canelo. It never deterred him from coming forward. Little g's jab was used entirely to keep canelo from fukking him up even more than he did. His jab was used for survival rather than actually setting up any other offense. I still can't believe dude cried about "mexican style" for a whole year and then fought 12 rounds entirely behind a jab. shyt is disgusting:hhh:

Most current fighters and boxing legends agree that canelo won. That's all that matters:CaneloRejoice: