Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boxing politics have victimized you into thinking waiting 2 more years for Crawford vs Spence is ok. Spence pretty much got on last year with the Brook win and has defended his belt 2x while Crawford been p4p top 3 for like the last 2 years. The fight should happen first half of 2019, meanwhile Thurman and the rest of the division can get their shyt together so the biggest threat can face the winner eventually.

The fight isn't going to get any bigger especially when you factor in how often they already fight and the level of opponents its going to be against. Now if they were projected to face Porter and Swift beforehand then yeah those type of wins can really make that potential bout bigger, but I doubt it happens like that.

AJ and Wilder was on the same shyt, but both are at least fighting the best top guys in the meantime. 147 ain't like that. You barely get the top guys facing each other as it is, so the wait for Spence vs Bud feels longer to get to then when other divisions have big fights.

Agreed

This fight needs to be next. In 2 years, Crawford will be 33, and Errol will probably be more comfortable at 154.

There is a reason Arum wants this fight to happen now. He wants the fight to happen while his fighter is still in his prime.

Yeah it would be great if they both cleaned out the division, and these two were left on some last man standing shyt, but it doesn't always work out that way. Boxing just moves way too slow for this to happen.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Am I the only one who doesn't YET want to see Spence vs Crawford?

As a boxing fan only, yes, of course I'd like to see them at it right now.

As a real boxing fan though who wants to see boxing back in the mainstream and fighters recognized more..it's just way too early right now.

Neither Spence or Crawford are household names yet, outside of combat sports fans, if this fight happened now, it would just come and go sadly.

Let it grow for another 1-2 years..by then they'll have a much bigger following and it will be legendary. Not like they need to rush or at the end of their career.

Patience!
If one of them loses its going to fukk up everything

Also takes away from chance of a trilogy

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
like i was :gucci:...from the 2nd round on murata was busted up..brant laid a whoopin on him..especially in the last 2 round...murata was a little overrated..a little but not overrated to the point where he would be beaten up by rob brant :russ:
At one point all the smiling by murata after getting hit looked like
532c78d74bfa9.jpeg

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Agreed

This fight needs to be next. In 2 years, Crawford will be 33, and Errol will probably be more comfortable at 154.

There is a reason Arum wants this fight to happen now. He wants the fight to happen while his fighter is still in his prime.

Yeah it would be great if they both cleaned out the division, and these two were left on some last man standing shyt, but it doesn't always work out that way. Boxing just moves way too slow for this to happen.
Crawford is gonna be 31 not 33
He also hasn’t taken much punishment and his style isn’t centered around reflexes and speed. So I think there’s a good chance he will be in his prime even 2 years from now.

Edit: he’s 31 now actually I checked and his birthday was weeks ago. Either way he won’t be 33 yet and I think he can stay in his prime or very close to it for some years.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
sad part is Collazo is still a better name than Crawford's last 3 opponents :hhh:
Might be a better “name” but I’d pick both the Benavidez who fought Crawford and Horn to beat him at this point.
Collazo sometimes pull random upsets out of his ass though but he is too old already.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crawford is gonna be 31 not 33
He also hasn’t taken much punishment and his style isn’t centered around reflexes and speed. So I think there’s a good chance he will be in his prime even 2 years from now.

Edit: he’s 31 now actually I checked and his birthday was weeks ago. Either way he won’t be 33 yet and I think he can stay in his prime or very close to it for some years.

In 2 years, Crawford will be 33. How is that incorrect?:mjlol:

You are also making an assumption. You are also basing this solely off his fights. What about the training? In reality, we really don’t know, but what we do know that right now, at this point in time, he’s prime.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
In 2 years, Crawford will be 33. How is that incorrect?:mjlol:

You are also making an assumption. You are also basing this solely off his fights. What about the training? In reality, we really don’t know, but what we do know that right now, at this point in time, he’s prime.
it is an assumption, didn't say it's fact

I'm just going by the common knowledge that in boxing guys who don't take much punishment and don't overly rely on speed/reflexes but have good fundamentals too typically last longer, remain close to their primes longer.

I don't know how much punishment he takes on training but I think it's usually fair to assume how much they do based on the fighters' in-competition style.