Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

giphy.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Every time I turned in dude was throwing so many punches
like i was :gucci:...from the 2nd round on murata was busted up..brant laid a whoopin on him..especially in the last 2 round...murata was a little overrated..a little but not overrated to the point where he would be beaten up by rob brant :russ:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
like i was :gucci:...from the 2nd round on murata was busted up..brant laid a whoopin on him..especially in the last 2 round...murata was a little overrated..a little but not overrated to the point where he would be beaten up by rob brant :russ:
Never watched any of dude's fights but dude is one-dimensional as hell and Brant boxed him well. At some point, I thought Murata was turning the tide (I think around the 5th) but Brant managed to get a second wind and even finished stronger. I think starting from the 8th, Murata was only throwing 1-2s and completely forgot to throw to the body which is was doing well in the first third of the fight. Really dude's gameplan was bad last night.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
On paper, it would have been a good fight based on their Olympic accomplishments.
used to be like that a few decades ago that logic is questionable now
while I'd say USA still has the most high quality fighters things got diverse in boxing
if you look at TBRB's top 10 P4P there are 2 Americans in it, 2 Ukrainians, 1 Kazakh, 2 Mexican, 1 Japanese, 1 Thai and 1 UK
Ring's is almost the same just with 3 Americans, 1 Mexican and instead of 1 UK 1 Philippines

Americans have strong presence in 135, 140, 147, 154, 160, HW

Where they really dominate is 147 and 154

Other countries are not better either btw and as I said I still think USA has the most talent but their advantage isn't that big anymore

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I watched this fight recently. This may be well known, but I just noticed it. After the first round is over, Golota says in the corner "stop the fight." I heard his trainer say he wanted to quit after the 1st, but I never heard the audio until recently.

I only watched this fight once and it was a get together, so it was easy to miss.

Last edited:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one who doesn't YET want to see Spence vs Crawford?

As a boxing fan only, yes, of course I'd like to see them at it right now.

As a real boxing fan though who wants to see boxing back in the mainstream and fighters recognized more..it's just way too early right now.

Neither Spence or Crawford are household names yet, outside of combat sports fans, if this fight happened now, it would just come and go sadly.

Let it grow for another 1-2 years..by then they'll have a much bigger following and it will be legendary. Not like they need to rush or at the end of their career.

Patience!

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

As a real boxing fan though who wants to see boxing back in the mainstream and fighters recognized more..it's just way too early right now.

Neither Spence or Crawford are household names yet, outside of combat sports fans, if this fight happened now, it would just come and go sadly.

Let it grow for another 1-2 years..by then they'll have a much bigger following and it will be legendary. Not like they need to rush or at the end of their career.

Patience!

Aye Crawford's numbers ain't just numbers... I was in the barbershop this past Friday and everyone had seen the Crawford fight.

Not every fight needs to be drawn out like MayPac, with adequate promotion Crawford Spence could generate great hype. All it took for Crawford was a memorable weigh in on ESPN.

It's actually going to be fascinating to see how boxing promotion is handled going forward now with HBO leaving the game, promoters getting more airtime on regular networks, the DAZN streaming service, and PPV seemingly taking a slight step back.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Patience!

They'll never be household names bruh....they both have the personality of a skittle as far as it translating to casual (sports) fans

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Patience!

Boxing politics have victimized you into thinking waiting 2 more years for Crawford vs Spence is ok. Spence pretty much got on last year with the Brook win and has defended his belt 2x while Crawford been p4p top 3 for like the last 2 years. The fight should happen first half of 2019, meanwhile Thurman and the rest of the division can get their shyt together so the biggest threat can face the winner eventually.

The fight isn't going to get any bigger especially when you factor in how often they already fight and the level of opponents its going to be against. Now if they were projected to face Porter and Swift beforehand then yeah those type of wins can really make that potential bout bigger, but I doubt it happens like that.

AJ and Wilder was on the same shyt, but both are at least fighting the best top guys in the meantime. 147 ain't like that. You barely get the top guys facing each other as it is, so the wait for Spence vs Bud feels longer to get to then when other divisions have big fights.