The Official "Billions" Season 1 Thread

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Hell of a finale. A lot of pieces being moved. That final scene was A LITTLE heavy handed... But it worked cause that Paulie G overacting is so money.

I hope they don't marginalized Wendy next season. She's still one of my favorite characters. Her bossing up at the end was pretty dope. Took 5 mill, kept the car and still quit. I wouldn't mind just following her characters journey as she builds up that new job she takes, or starts her own practice, even if it's unrelated to Axe v Rhodes.

No way they get rid of her. She's is the third strongest character on the show.
Solid finale, let us know they are about to turn it up to a new level next season. Glad it worked well.

Big_Carl

Rookie
Daps
Great finally.. Anybody else notice how in a few scenes this season his wife has been looking like she isn't fully agreeing with Axe's plans...? I think that's where more of his strife is gonna come from next season.. The home front... A few people have tried to get in her ear but she's been standing firm but whenever she mentions Wendy he knocks her down...

That final scene made me think of Heat with Deniro and Pacino [not saying it was as good just talking about the back and forth styling of the dialogue]..

all in all a good ass ending to a good ass opening season...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
No way they get rid of her. She's is the third strongest character on the show.
Solid finale, let us know they are about to turn it up to a new level next season. Glad it worked well.

Felt like they kinda dropped the ball on how bad Axe was looking out in these streets. Until this episode, I had no idea people were sleeping on him so heavy like they were.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Felt like they kinda dropped the ball on how bad Axe was looking out in these streets. Until this episode, I had no idea people were sleeping on him so heavy like they were.

I totally agree. I had a TOTALLY different vision of how he looked out in these streets. I thought everyone viewed him as God amongst men. To see him play the game and look ordinary was a weird twist to throw out there at the last episode.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Great finally.. Anybody else notice how in a few scenes this season his wife has been looking like she isn't fully agreeing with Axe's plans...? I think that's where more of his strife is gonna come from next season.. The home front... A few people have tried to get in her ear but she's been standing firm but whenever she mentions Wendy he knocks her down...

That final scene made me think of Heat with Deniro and Pacino [not saying it was as good just talking about the back and forth styling of the dialogue]..

I LOVED the season finale. the showdown between axe and rhoades was what we've all been waiting for the entire season. I can't wait til next season.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell of a finale. A lot of pieces being moved. That final scene was A LITTLE heavy handed... But it worked cause that Paulie G overacting is so money.

I hope they don't marginalized Wendy next season. She's still one of my favorite characters. Her bossing up at the end was pretty dope. Took 5 mill, kept the car and still quit. I wouldn't mind just following her characters journey as she builds up that new job she takes, or starts her own practice, even if it's unrelated to Axe v Rhodes.

Her ass looked right in those jeans

Should have drove on to a Blacked set straight after :takedat:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Someone in here said this is like a Wall Street show written by Johnny Drama :mjlol:

johnny-dramas-new-show-premieres-tonight-heres-what-the-rest-of-the-entourage-alumna-are-up-to-next.png

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really enjoyed the ending of the show. That speech at the end encompass the entire premise of the show and it was well done. As cool as Axe is he is a criminal and as much as we like him he is not making the world better. Sure people can romanticize what he does but all he is doing is encouraging criminal and selfish behavior in the entire world considering how much influence he has. Paul Gimminatie character is as much of selfish prick but at least he follows the law. Axe has corrupted his wife and made her believe that everything was fine. She was married to a DA did she saw the conflict of interest she just didn't care. Axe is a cool hero though the man who rose from nothing and manipulated the system to rise above it a hero to the poor but the biggest problem in our society. With all that said I hope he wins

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great finally..n Anybody else notice how in a few scenes this season his wife has been looking like she isn't fully agreeing with Axe's plans...? I think that's where more of his strife is gonna come from next seaso.. The home front... A few people have tried to get in her ear but she's been standing firm but whenever she mentions Wendy he knocks her down...

I think it is because she knows the type of person her husband is and he does not just walk away from anything. When he goes down he is jail no way around it for a guy like him.
I think they both know that is why kept the money.