Paul Giamatti lacks range as an actor.

pZCd6Ar.gif

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I like the show, but I'm not sure how they are going to show Axe losing and it really mattering:ld:
For the show's sake, you can't really put him in jail for an extended period of time and no way he's losing enough money to go broke giving that he's buying 60 million dollar houses on a whim. I can see Giamatti losing though but that would get old after a while...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I like the show, but I'm not sure how they are going to show Axe losing and it really mattering:ld:
For the show's sake, you can't really put him in jail for an extended period of time and no way he's losing enough money to go broke giving that he's buying 60 million dollar houses on a whim. I can see Giamatti losing though but that would get old after a while...

:francis: Its basically one big cat and mouse game....
I love it...:lolbron:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

The moral grandstanding longwinded speeches while he scruches up his face are a common theme in his work. You can bet on it occurring in any film he is in. The man is overrated to say the least.

White collar professionals shouldn't be consistently talking like 20 year old frat boys, even in an area like finance. Seeing the realistic but still highly amusing dialogue between corporate characters on Mr. Robot shows me that it can be pulled off, but this show cant do it anywhere near that level.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The moral grandstanding longwinded speeches while he scruches up his face are a common theme in his work. You can bet on it occurring in any film he is in. The man is overrated to say the least.

White collar professionals shouldn't be consistently talking like 20 year old frat boys, even in an area like finance. Seeing the realistic but still highly amusing dialogue between corporate characters on Mr. Robot shows me that it can be pulled off, but this show cant do it anywhere near that level.

Paul Giamatti is a dynamic actor he has alot of range I just think the way his character is written is the problem, he's like very vengeful, brooding, angry, self righteous.... there's no humor to him at all...

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This show is terrible. :beli:

I am thoroughly shocked it is on Showtime.

Metallic. :scust: :flabbynsick:

Brehs talking about Cat and mouse but really there is no chase here. Ol'boy is all powerful who has eyes and ears every where. This is terrible plot wise, because he can "magically" get out of situations with information from his "shadowy" sources.

The dialogue. :scust:

I can't believe it got renewed.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This show is terrible. :beli:

I am thoroughly shocked it is on Showtime.

Metallic. :scust: :flabbynsick:

Brehs talking about Cat and mouse but really there is no chase here. Ol'boy is all powerful who has eyes and ears every where. This is terrible plot wise, because he can "magically" get out of situations with information from his "shadowy" sources.

The dialogue. :scust:

I can't believe it got renewed.
shocked? this is showtime's MO

everything you think is a drama of some sorts... is a comedy... and you have to look at like that

shameless... oh the drama of their tough life... nope comedy

dexter.. psycho who only kills serial killers.... comedy

tara... multiple personality and how it effects family life... comedy

weeds... comedy

that shyt with the cancer lady.. big c... comedy

ray donovan - comedy

the ONLY thing i've seen them take entirely serious is homeland

i wouldn't say flat out comedy (but i'm not gonna edit that shyt) CAMPY is the word.... all their shows are over the top and fukking campy as hell... they can all be picked apart for having straight up nonsense scenario's that they try and pitch as funny dramas...

if they wanted this shyt to be serious, they'd take out all the funny jokey shyt and make it serious... lets not act like there aren't 5 million writers out there... this is just what showtime does

you can't be taking these shyts too seriously going in... this is literally.. watch a rich dude ball out, make 007 moves, listen for fast talking jokes, and watch paul g shyt on people with his angry face/voice while also making fast talking jokes

ARey

Rookie
Daps
The dialogue is pure struggle

Whole show is a struggle. It just doesn't work. It's miscast, dialogue is clunky, it doesn't really know what it wants to be.

I have liked a lot of Showtime shows in the past like Shameless, Nurse Jackie, WEEDS, Homeland but this show doesn't work for me.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MetallicHOLMES still selling out (puns intended):pachaha:

...Axel strung thirsty singer chick right up to the chord:banderas:

Wait, DA SEC overseer just let his pops dump shares, tho:leostare: