The Official "Billions" Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Two eps in.

I mean, I get why people like it, it has all of the trappings of what makes a good show, but it's not quite hitting to me.

I'll keep watching because frankly there's not a lot of heat right now, but this certainly feels very "Showtime" to me.

Its not on the level of Showtime shows like Penny Dreadful and The Affair, to me.

Daps
If the DA told you to pick up shyt, you'd do it too.

You have any idea how miserable the govt can make your life?
No the fukk I wouldn't :mjlol:

i definitely don't like this show as much as i thought i would. i mean, the actors, the subject matter, the concept...it sounded dope as hell. but i'm 3 episodes deep and it's pretty "meh" so far. :yeshrug:

Two eps in.

I mean, I get why people like it, it has all of the trappings of what makes a good show, but it's not quite hitting to me.

I'll keep watching because frankly there's not a lot of heat right now, but this certainly feels very "Showtime" to me.

My feelings exactly :yeshrug:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Its not on the level of Showtime shows like Penny Dreadful and The Affair, to me.

I don't think Billions is bad, it's just not good.

I don't blindly follow the stereotype that Showtime is just HBO's little brother with slightly less money and slightly less creativity, but if the shoe fits :ld:

Literally just finished the second ep, and I get that hedge fund people are dikks and alpha bros, but some of the dialogue felt like dialogue from a future SNL sketch of Billions. It already feels like a parody of itself in some ways.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
The show is entertaining to watch, but some of the stuff that happens is unrealistic to the point of stupidity. It really is just a modern version of a prime-time soap opera.

I like it enough to finish out the season, but its definitely not what I expected from the trailers.

Exactly. I don't even know much about their world, and I am even like :comeon:.

They are still doing that thing, where they are trying to keep it interesting with the colorful language and sex.

Mergers and Acquisitions are boring as fukk.

Maggie Siff is scust. :scust:

I don't even want to see Paul Giamatti in bondage scenes. :scusthov:

This is show is ok, episode 3 way better than the previous episodes.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I mean, nikka...

In the boardroom scene one of the traders in a billion dollar + fund said "We should invest in Apple"

Obviously the writers were trying to highlight that this guy isn't as good as he used to be, but even the worst analyst or trader in the world wouldn't suggest investing in Apple to a billionaire.

That whole scene was awful. Here's some of the actual dialogue:

"The stock's gonna pop like a prom queen's cherry"

"If you see an opportunity like that again you grab it like it's a horse cock and you're Catherine the Great"

:usure:

If Johnny Drama from Entourage wrote a show trying to prove he was really smart, he'd write Billions.

And the fact that the US Attorney's wife works for one of the biggest possibly crooked companies is so unrealistic it's unfathomable. Conflict of interest doesn't even begin to cover how you would describe that situation.

That'd be like if the head of the UN was a woman and she was married to Joseph Kony.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
THE LATEST EPISODE HAS THE NATURE BOY CONVINCED HULK HOEGAN IS A MEMBER OF THE WRITING STAFF :scust:

THE ENTIRE PICK UP THE DOG shyt SCENE HAD A nikka FEELING LIKE HE WAS WATCHING A HOEGAN PROMO :scust:

SHOW WENT FROM WWE TO WCW TO TNA IN 3 EPISODES:scust:

ON THAT NOTE SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY BREHS :lolbron:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
The Aaron Sorkin type of dialogue is hot trash, and I'm starting to realize Paul Giamatti lacks range as an actor.

well they a have sorkin as one of the writers ...soo :lupe:, not sure if related though.

Last edited:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
This show is why showtime will never ever be HBO. Who the fukk wrote this shyt?:scust:and more importantly why doesnt showtime check wut their writing? My god. I swear i could probably improve this show dramatically and im a shyt writer.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the right writers this could have been an elite show. The cast is fine, its just uneven as fukk. I angry Axel's wife is MVP on this show - thats a wifey type there. Brody is well suited for the main part, just they trying way too much and the narrative isn't focused. It's trying to be two shows at once.

Potential is there though. Let's see. Im engaged

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
With the right writers this could have been an elite show. The cast is fine, its just uneven as fukk. I angry Axel's wife is MVP on this show - thats a wifey type there. Brody is well suited for the main part, just they trying way too much and the narrative isn't focused. It's trying to be two shows at once.

Potential is there though. Let's see. Im engaged
I agree its seems like they are trying to recreate Rayland vs Boyd with this show