The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Just now catching up on this series and thread. You guys have been following this a lot closer than me, so I could be way off, but is it possible that Kim and Jimmy never broke up and were still together up until Saul had to disappear? Kim said she didn't want to hear about any of the shady activity, but maybe Saul managed to hide that part of his job from her. I mean if Walter White can hide being a drug kingpin from his family for that long, is it too much to think that Saul could keep a few of his "difficult" clients hidden from his GF?
No. Kim is no dummy.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Been watching this and still obsessing over colour palettes.

The bright yellow Hummer.reeked of criminal intentions. Jimmy kept his dirt (the bright yellow coffee mug) lowkey. Funny how it didn't fit into his new company car.

The lady at the massage parlour was wearing yellow too. Bet she's up to some shyt too.

Squat cobbler :ohhh::jbhmm::dahell::whoa::damn::scust:

Chuck still a bytch. Ol scared of the toaster ass nikka.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just now catching up on this series and thread. You guys have been following this a lot closer than me, so I could be way off, but is it possible that Kim and Jimmy never broke up and were still together up until Saul had to disappear? Kim said she didn't want to hear about any of the shady activity, but maybe Saul managed to hide that part of his job from her. I mean if Walter White can hide being a drug kingpin from his family for that long, is it too much to think that Saul could keep a few of his "difficult" clients hidden from his GF?

It is possible but Kim seems too goody-two-shoes for that. I don't even mean his clients like Walt. I mean I don't think she would go along with his whole "sleazy lawyer" act. Dude changed how he dresses, talks, everything to turn into Saul Goodman. I don't see her accepting that.

The good thing about Saul on "Breaking Bad" is we never seen him outside of interacting with Walt or Jesse. Or to move forward plot points related to them. So this show could technically film scenes during "Breaking Bad", and show his life when he's not around them.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The bright yellow Hummer.reeked of criminal intentions. Jimmy kept his dirt (the bright yellow coffee mug) lowkey. Funny how it didn't fit into his new company car.

The lady at the massage parlour was wearing yellow too. Bet she's up to some shyt too.

What's funny is if you make a post like this people will clown talking about you're taking the show too seriously. But they do have an entire color scheme mapped out, same as they did on "Breaking Bad".

This ain't "Lost" where they're just throwing shyt at a wall. Everything is written a certain way for a reason.

Fred.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
What's funny is if you make a post like this people will clown talking about you're taking the show too seriously. But they do have an entire color scheme mapped out, same as they did on "Breaking Bad".

This ain't "Lost" where they're just throwing shyt at a wall. Everything is written a certain way for a reason.

Fred.

Absolutely. This is why I have so much time for Gilligan. He writes in English and his own made up visual language with colours and pop culture references. Its makes the show a really rewarding watch.

The law offices and the upholstery spot both had muted decor. Both honest businesses.

I'm betting that yellow cup fits perfectly in the big white Cadillac though :wow:

And to anyone who doubts the genius/ OCD of GilliGOAT:

BETTER-CALL-SAUL.jpg

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

Fred.

:whoa: No need to take shots at Lost friend. Not to say that Gilligan isn't on point when it comes to planning, but even he has admitted to not having everything planned out ahead of time. Writing is an organic process and things evolve over the course of a show. As a big Lost fan I can admit they certainly had some loose threads though :skip:.

Chuck's old hating ass :martin:. Couldn't be content with his Meals on Wheels and playing the piano, had to bear witness to Jimmy shining.

Same goes for the nail shop owner, Jimmy came through with the new whip and couldn't even get a goodbye hug :francis:.

Baseball cards, we talking about baseball cards :aicmon:. It was cool seeing the crooked police captain from The Bridge pop up as Nacho's dad in the auto shop.

I have a feeling that Jimmy losing Kim will hurt more than the betrayal of his brother, at least for us as viewers. She made sure to sit next to him and gave him the nudge when Chuck caught him off guard. Speaking of which, give me all your electronic devices and turn off the lights. Don't mind me, it's like I'm not even here :youngsabo:.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

THAT SCENE MAKES SENSE NOW! :lupe:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
THAT SCENE MAKES SENSE NOW! :lupe:

Its a gift from Kim too. Kinda like her way of saying that she was into the rush she got from the scam they ran on dude for the Gus Tequila. Like it's their little secret.

She's not cool with becoming Slippin Kimmy though, as she proved when Jimmy broke down the squat cobbler story

The whole thing with the flashy cars had me :ohhh:thinking about Pinkman's bright red lowrider, Walt's Aztec and the RV.

Actually. :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Just stumbled on this vid:

Saul ends up representing the guy they ripped off for Tequila - that's him, right?!?!? He talks about his lawyer being not someone to fukk with and that he has a team of ninjas.

Christ.

GilliGOAT.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is my favorite show on TV right now cause it takes its time. Loving that slow burn :noah:

• Dap
Reactions: hex