The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well, judging by what his brother Chuck said to him about the name. How his name sounds similar to his brother's and the law firm Hamlin Hamlin & McGill, I think he will probably get the idea to go for a more Jewish sounding name very soon.

:manny:

@hexagram23 what do you think, breh?

Sounds likely. He also needs to step his ward robe game up to be Saul. :lupe:

I think we seen Saul "unlock his super powers" in this last episode. I doubt he even realizes it yet....but the first time we see him in the court room he's not very effective. He's kinda nervous....then he gets taken out to the desert, faces a real threat, and excels solely off his verbal skills and wit. I think that's why they showed him basically floating through all those court cases in the montage at the end. The blonde chick even smiled at him.

He already played the game on hard mode, bullshyt court cases are easy now.

Fred.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sounds likely. He also needs to step his ward robe game up to be Saul. :lupe:

I think we seen Saul "unlock his super powers" in this last episode. I doubt he even realizes it yet....but the first time we see him in the court room he's not very effective. He's kinda nervous....then he gets taken out to the desert, faces a real threat, and excels solely off his verbal skills and wit. I think that's why they showed him basically floating through all those court cases in the montage at the end. The blonde chick even smiled at him.

He already played the game on hard mode, bullshyt court cases are easy now.

Fred.

I think that first 100K will be the start of the transformation to Saul Goodman.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think that first 100K will be the start of the transformation to Saul Goodman.

100k can buy a lot of neon green dress shirts and salmon colored ties.

Watching "Breaking Bad" I always wondered "does this guy know how fukking ridculous he is?" and now it's kinda obvious he does. He tried to go the 9-5 route wearing khakis and shyt....and he's broke. So I'm guessing he creates the entire Saul persona, name, hair, suits, to differentiate himself from normal lawyers like Hamlin.

Side note: the series is cool so far but I'm ready for some Mike related fukkery. Once he steps out of the toll booth it's a wrap. I'm kinda glad they're holding him back though because the show needs to stand on it's own.

Fred.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The first 2 episodes were alright. I'm excited for it to really get started though. It appears that'll happen next episode. I don't mind the slow pacing though, it just hasn't caught my attention yet. But you gotta give these shows time. I'm confident it'll get better

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Side note: the series is cool so far but I'm ready for some Mike related fukkery. Once he steps out of the toll booth it's a wrap. I'm kinda glad they're holding him back though because the show needs to stand on it's own.

Fred.

breaking-bad-mike-smile.gif

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
The first 2 episodes were alright. I'm excited for it to really get started though. It appears that'll happen next episode. I don't mind the slow pacing though, it just hasn't caught my attention yet. But you gotta give these shows time. I'm confident it'll get better

:heh:Are we watching the same show breh? The first 2 episodes flew by so fast. What hasn't caught your attention? Cause this show requires your attention. From the opening scene I was hooked. And it's already better than anyone could have predicted. Maybe this show ain't for you.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:heh:Are we watching the same show breh? The first 2 episodes flew by so fast. What hasn't caught your attention? Cause this show requires your attention. From the opening scene I was hooked. And it's already better than anyone could have predicted. Maybe this show ain't for you.
I'm really into television. I know good shows. The show doesn't require your attention like others. Nothing really happened. It's all been setup so far (which to be fair, is to be expected). shyt's a 7/10 so far. We'll see what happens in the future episodes. I wish this was 5 episodes deep already so I could just watch em back to back. But we gotta wait.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Earlier in the thread I just noticed someone asked what kind of knife Tuco has....can't remember who.

The brand is Espada and it looks to be a Large with a G10 handle:

Cold_Steel_Espada_Large_01-big.jpg

Fred.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I was hesitant about getting excited for this series, because sequels and prequels are usually :camby:

but I should have had more faith in Vince da Gawd.

It looks like BCS will have BB easter eggs all throughout the series, along with the great cinematography that made BB so great. I will definitely be tuning in for this next chapter of BB greatness. :blessed:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i really want a fukking cinnabon.

i wonder how much their sales spiked on monday?

@hexagram23
Breh there's a Cinnabon like 5 minutes away, and I didn't even know the chain was giving out free cinnamon buns yesterday in honor of "Better Call Saul". :mjcry:

http://time.com/3700962/free-cinnabon/

The chain is giving away one free “mini-bon” per person, packaged in boxes depicting the pathetic Saul, on Monday between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. at all 704 of its stores. Also, starting Monday, customers who tweet in-store selfies with the hashstag #SaulSelfie will have a chance to win a year’s worth of Cinnabon treats.

Someone is gonna be :flabbynsick: if they win Cinnabon for a year.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i wish this show was one of those netflix release with all the episodes there to watch

i'm fiending already

It's funny you say that because during the last season of "Breaking Bad", when this series was being discussed AMC was trying to act :ld: about picking it up, and Netflix made an offer. After that AMC :whoa: and said they'd make it.

So yeah....we could have all 10 episodes right now. :snoop:

Fred.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
I was one of the ones who binge watched BB, couldnt get into it the first time around live but after it ended and hearing all about it I watched all 6 seasons in like 3 weeks and loved it. One of the best shows I have committed to.

Having said that, BCS has me hooked from episode 1. It could be because of the BB back story and my own expectations of the show, but damn, from opening black and white scenes, to the end of last nights episodes this is straight piff. Will only get better too. My body is ready :feedme: