The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The boxes I agree with....that was a hustle.

Everything else....he's out there doing all the leg work for the case. He noticed the old folks getting scammed, when Chuck didn't. He drafted a legal document in the bathroom, which was pretty fukking brilliant since shredding isn't illegal until you're served with papers showing intent of litigation. Then it's considered destroying evidence. He jumped into the dumpster, he got all the shredded papers.

Chuck is Pippen, but Saul is Jordan so far.

Fred.
He did that cause he wanrs to work with chuck not get chuck to do his work

Last edited:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
It's crazy seeing Saul being a good guy and not a scumbag lawyer. Rooting for him like crazy right now....and mike bout to go full measure into the dark side.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@hexagram23 do you think the podcast gets stuck on the behind the scenes stuff too much ? The first few episodes was a good balance and I learned some tech stuff and plot stuff . Now it's getting more self indulgent to a degree , they sometimes barely discussing the actual episodes particulars until like the last 10-15 minutes :dwillhuh: whilr the rest is humble bragging

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Chuck with me, you know I got it :stylin:
AOnhpaJ.png

Marl0 Stanfield

Yeshua Ben YHWH
Daps
Reppin
Ojala
Mike had to have been modeled on Al Neri from The Godfather.(the OG book version, anyway)

I also think all that love of family shyt is intentionally misleading. These characters in this universe are doing all these things because they enjoy the game psychologically. Dangling their families over the fire is just another part of the game, and it's supposed to be pathological as a result of the characters' psychotic breaks from their core values. They're only talking that family shyt as a subconscious excuse for their behavior so they can still be the good guys in their mind. That's why the shyt is called Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. A psychotic break to becoming bad, and Jimmy McGill calling on the Saul Goodman persona (which they're showing u before he goes that way completely and turns this alter into a full blown personality) when he needs to take ctrl of a situation to avoid being a fukkboy.

That's the purpose (well, one of the purposes, at the very least) of showing Jimmy's DiStruggle period, nursing homes n all. When he goes down the Saul Goodman rabbit hole, I don't think a lot of these non-BB characters are gonna have a happy resolution to their existence in relation to Jimmy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hexagram23 do you think the podcast gets stuck on the behind the scenes stuff too much ? The first few episodes was a good balance and I learned some tech stuff and plot stuff . Now it's getting more self indulgent to a degree , they sometimes barely discussing the actual episodes particulars until like the last 10-15 minutes :dwillhuh: whilr the rest is humble bragging

It's hit or miss really. I usually listen while I'm doing other stuff, because they have a tendency to ramble. Last podcast Patrick Fabian (Hamlin) spent 10 minutes talking about how him and his wife binged "Breaking Bad"....:stopitslime:nobody cares about that shyt, give me some insight on the show.

The one with Rhea Seehorn (Kim) and Julie Ann Emery (Mrs. Kettleman) were funny at least.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mike had to have been modeled on Al Neri from The Godfather.(the OG book version, anyway)

I also think all that love of family shyt is intentionally misleading. These characters in this universe are doing all these things because they enjoy the game psychologically. Dangling their families over the fire is just another part of the game, and it's supposed to be pathological as a result of the characters' psychotic breaks from their core values. They're only talking that family shyt as a subconscious excuse for their behavior so they can still be the good guys in their mind. That's why the shyt is called Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. A psychotic break to becoming bad, and Jimmy McGill calling on the Saul Goodman persona (which they're showing u before he goes that way completely and turns this alter into a full blown personality) when he needs to take ctrl of a situation to avoid being a fukkboy.

That's the purpose (well, one of the purposes, at the very least) of showing Jimmy's DiStruggle period, nursing homes n all. When he goes down the Saul Goodman rabbit hole, I don't think a lot of these non-BB characters are gonna have a happy resolution to their existence in relation to Jimmy.

:leon:

Good insight, breh.

Fred.