The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
It is exactly what they said it was a "dramatic retelling" of Fresh Prince. If you can seperate it from the sitcom, its pretty damn good.
Loved how they kept in West Philly in the early scenes, playing D4M music and having Sloan and Eazy cameos. They didn't overdo and make it corny.

Looks like Will and Westbrook spent some money on this, doesn't look cheap like some of those BET shows.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is actually REALLY good. They did a great job of taking the naturally dramatic elements of the OG series and expanding them within the storytelling.

Plus the actors are all top notch. I admit I initially thought a reboot wouldn’t work simply because Will Smith is irreplaceable in his natural charm and charisma. He WAS the Fresh Prince. But the new kid Jabari Banks does a great job of making the character his OWN interpretation.

Kudos to the guy who plays Carlton. He plays the swarmy bougie c00n VERY well.

The Pilot was really good.

I have a sneaking suspicion

”Aunt” Viv is really Will’s mom or some shyt. These new CW Type shows like pulling those type of twists

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

”Aunt” Viv is really Will’s mom or some shyt. These new CW Type shows like pulling those type of twists
talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby-dont-you-put-that-evil-on-me.gif

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
This is actually REALLY good. They did a great job of taking the naturally dramatic elements of the OG series and expanding them within the storytelling.

Plus the actors are all top notch. I admit I initially thought a reboot wouldn’t work simply because Will Smith is irreplaceable in his natural charm and charisma. He WAS the Fresh Prince. But the new kid Jabari Banks does a great job of making the character his OWN interpretation.

Kudos to the guy who plays Carlton. He plays the swarmy bougie c00n VERY well.

The Pilot was really good.

Even if they’re planning that shyt they need to reshoot it after the Power debacle :russ:

On the real though, I absolutely love the show from the first 3 episodes I’ve watched. I love that they are straying far, far away from the source material (which gives them unlimited creative freedom) while still loosely keeping the same themes. All of the main characters are dope so far and are holding their own (to a certain extent) vs their OG counterparts.