Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
How big do y’all REALLY think EZ is supposed to be?? This might be poor career management if he was 22, but EZ is likely pushing 40.
He's only like 33 or something. But still, it's good signing. He has no real industry buzz as far as music outside of Philly.

16-23 are the ages labels look for. After that, you're considered an older signing. The likelihood of Eazy building up a music buzz enough to sign with a big label is miniscule. And signing with a major, at Eazy's age, is not a smart thing to do unless you're an already well established platinum selling artist. The probability of you even dropping a project, let alone recouping on a major with zero track record is damn near the same as winning the lotto.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
He's only like 33 or something. But still, it's good signing. He has no real industry buzz as far as music outside of Philly.

16-23 are the ages labels look for. After that, you're considered an older signing. The likelihood of Eazy building up a music buzz enough to sign with a big label is miniscule. And signing with a major, at Eazy's age, is not a smart thing to do unless you're an already well established platinum selling artist. The probability of you even dropping a project, let alone recouping on a major with zero track record is damn near the same as winning the lotto.
yea i was gonna say the best EZ could do is get into a Daylyt situation where artists are willing to take him on tour to open up

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
Midnight Madness titles and belts wont be taken seriously until they have their own Beasleys and Chicos to do organizational work and show consistency. Tsu surf, Jakk, and Bill are too busy/aren't coordinated enough for that right now. Swave did a good job breaking it down on Restore Order last night. Why is the belt up for grabs on any league's stage? That is a mess

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

All these east coast nyggas should be hollering at west side gun or 38 spesh.

I really can’t think of a scenario where it’s benefitted an eastcoast guy to sign with someone from the south, or vice versa.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Holy shyt congrats to Ave! This is HUGE! Hopefully can bridge the gap between battlerap and Hollywood. I hope he goes far!

lol I hate you
:lolbron:

All these east coast nyggas should be hollering at west side gun or 38 spesh.

I really can’t think of a scenario where it’s benefitted an eastcoast guy to sign with someone from the south, or vice versa.

facts. them two right now are cashing in on the indie rap shyt.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
lmao worst of all Bigg K had NO 3rd round at all and just freestyled. Dude should give that check back to ARP for this one

Legit the run Reed is having is wild. I don't think he lost a battle clear since his return match with John John. I go in every battle rooting for him but thinking he's gonna lose but at the end he holds his own.