Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Yep it’s over. It’s over for Chrome 23 as well, unless they can be a RBE type of a league. I don’t think there’s enough females for that.

The key to battle rap is being able introduce new talent, build them up, and have them exclusively on your brand.

Remy won’t be able to cherry-pick any of the new talent going forward. She’ll just be left with the vets, and most of them have battled already.

It’s the same strategy URL did with the men. Alright y’all can book the top tiers, but y’all won’t be able to touch any of our new talent. Then you have someone like ARP upset he can’t book Ave vs Bigg K or Geechi vs Hitman.

If ARP would have got it right years ago, maybe people would be more receptive to RBE introducing new talent. Imagine if they picked a guy like Twork before the url got him, and gave him the exact same battles that he gave Showoff.

Showoff, jimz, jmurda yeah we’ve seen how ARP picks talent. He needs the url to tell him what’s hot.
I see Chrome 23 being more of a UW.

I think they'll have a lot of the big names on every card, and every event will be a big deal. But there won't be many events a year.