Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ill Will lowkey has taken off the slot of Hollow in the culture. He's kind of style-neutral in that he fits in with the KOTD crowd more than the URL/street crowd, but he can battle in both, he's consistent, and he's unorthodox, he can freestyle/rebuttal, and come up with creative shyt. But he also has the potential to bomb on a bar. The thing that separates him from Hollow is he doesn't have that annoying ass high pitch sound when he raises his voice. So he comes off less corny when he misses.

Will is very hit or miss for me. He's usually "good enough", but he's not someone I run to.

His believability is on another level as well.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
His believability went through the roof when nikkas saw him bust shots on camera but I'm not sure if newer fans even remember that

Was it at somebody and was that in the air? I remember hearing about but I never saw the video.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Don’t know if y’all been paying attention to the Twitter Spaces shyt when they get uploaded to YouTube but,

This nikka Surf is SHOOK of Goodz.

Surf won't say it but there's a few vids that resurfaced on HHIR saying that Goodz and Surf were supposed to battle a few times before but it kept getting pushed back. All I'm going to say is that Goodz was ready each time. And he made that clear.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't forget that, Smack calls anyone who's hot his "gunner". Ill Will isn't really isn't a traditional Smack battler. He has a lot of comedy, freestyling, gay jokes, etc...in his style.

He has like 6-7 KOTD battles.

Agreed

He’s very consistent and a good guy to fill a card with, but there is nothing dynamic about him as a battler. I’m somewhat surprised Hitman is actually considering battling him, considering there are bigger and better options for him. However, he may want to do an “in house” battle, as they both battle consistently on RBE.

I dont even think he’s bigger then someone like a JC, who can battle a no name on a name league and get crazy views. I’m not convinced Will can do that.

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf won't say it but there's a few vids that resurfaced on HHIR saying that Goodz and Surf were supposed to battle a few times before but it kept getting pushed back. All I'm going to say is that Goodz was ready each time. And he made that clear.

Yep! Surf knows good and well that all of his strengths don’t work on Goodz, hence why y’all hear him panicking and trying to start narratives when the battle ain’t even booked yet.
Surf is the first to talk down on other battle rappers with money but he back pedaled QUICK when Goodz put up $25k for the battle