Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Chess not beating Ill Will. At all. He definitely can beat B Dot though. Ill will SLAUGHTER B Dot.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Ill Will isn’t even that great. He’s low key a GOAT on this forum for some reason though.
Ill Will lowkey has taken off the slot of Hollow in the culture. He's kind of style-neutral in that he fits in with the KOTD crowd more than the URL/street crowd, but he can battle in both, he's consistent, and he's unorthodox, he can freestyle/rebuttal, and come up with creative shyt. But he also has the potential to bomb on a bar. The thing that separates him from Hollow is he doesn't have that annoying ass high pitch sound when he raises his voice. So he comes off less corny when he misses.

Will is very hit or miss for me. He's usually "good enough", but he's not someone I run to.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Ill Will lowkey has taken off the slot of Hollow in the culture. He's kind of style-neutral in that he fits in with the KOTD crowd more than the URL/street crowd, but he can battle in both, he's consistent, and he's unorthodox, he can freestyle/rebuttal, and come up with creative shyt. But he also has the potential to bomb on a bar. The thing that separates him from Hollow is he doesn't have that annoying ass high pitch sound when he raises his voice. So he comes off less corny when he misses.

Will is very hit or miss for me. He's usually "good enough", but he's not someone I run to.

LOL, you forgot that SMACK used to call him his gunna saying this when he was on SMACK/URL heavy. And as the fan who gets shytted on for keeping up with KOTD, I don't really feel he is in with the KOTD crowd like that. Sure they'll book him but at this point, but he's been one of the mainstays on RBE more so. To be honest, I don't even really remember him being on KOTD that much or even at all.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
LOL, you forgot that SMACK used to call him his gunna saying this when he was on SMACK/URL heavy. And as the fan who gets shytted on for keeping up with KOTD, I don't really feel he is in with the KOTD crowd like that. Sure they'll book him but at this point, but he's been one of the mainstays on RBE more so. To be honest, I don't even really remember him being on KOTD that much or even at all.
I didn't forget that, Smack calls anyone who's hot his "gunner". Ill Will isn't really isn't a traditional Smack battler. He has a lot of comedy, freestyling, gay jokes, etc...in his style.

He has like 6-7 KOTD battles.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I didn't forget that, Smack calls anyone who's hot his "gunner". Ill Will isn't really isn't a traditional Smack battler. He has a lot of comedy, freestyling, gay jokes, etc...in his style.

He has like 6-7 KOTD battles.

Yeah, I probably need to revisit them. And if they come up, it'll refresh my memory. He's overall well-rounded, imo. From what you listed shows he can adapt on any stage for real. Hasn't had the perfect career for real and on RBE he's made his mark more these days. I think that's why I was saying what I said.

Last edited: