Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt probably for charity or something. Yall making something outta nothing with this Danny Myers shyt. Geechi battled RX in a gender reveal battle and it was super cheesy, cuz it was meant to be. nikkas taking battle rap wayyyy too serious.

West coast battle rap has always been corny, people forget because the URL made their presence out there.

It’s the birth place of AHAT, which showcased some of the weirdest battles ever.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Are the "mid" tier male battlers bigger than "top" tier female battlers?????

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well to be fair, I can't remember what interview it was (should be on AFM) but Danny is cool with Lil Slap's pops and even mentioned doing a battle if he got good grades a while ago.
I know it looks a certain way but they mentioned it on some cool shyt.
Is this supposed to make it better lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course they are. Nobody is really checking for female battlers like that, let's just be honest. Jaz is probably the only female battler that has ever truly been considered "top tier" from a popularity standpoint, and half of that shyt was because she was a virgin for a long time.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course they are. Nobody is really checking for female battlers like that, let's just be honest. Jaz is probably the only female battler that has ever truly been considered "top tier" from a popularity standpoint, and half of that shyt was because she was a virgin for a long time.

I don’t agree with this at all. These females can go to small leagues and gain more views then these midtier guys on the same card.

Look at the views two tier females get when they battle each other.

Your post comes as if you only check out female battle rap when it’s on a url card lol.

In the qotr world, 40 is the biggest battler.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This isn't a rule, it's more of a case by case basis

For example, Hustle, Jaz and 40 Barrs are way bigger than say a Mike P, Bill Collector, Drugz, Jakkboy Maine, Ryda, Nunn Nunn and they're all mid-tiers.

You can make a case those 3 are above the Suge and Ave tier battlers, who are top tier-ish.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t agree with this at all. These females can go to small leagues and gain more views then these midtier guys on the same card.

Look at the views two tier females get when they battle each other.

Your post comes as if you only check out female battle rap when it’s on a url card lol.

In the qotr world, 40 is the biggest battler.
This is a fact lol.

But I guess a part of the question is what is considered mid tier too. I have guys in my mind that are still mid tier that are probably considered top tier by this board at this point.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
This isn't a rule, it's more of a case by case basis

For example, Hustle, Jaz and 40 Barrs are way bigger than say a Mike P, Bill Collector, Drugz, Jakkboy Maine, Ryda, Nunn Nunn and they're all mid-tiers.

You can make a case those 3 are above the Suge and Ave tier battlers, who are top tier-ish.

Damn I always saw them as low tier lol. Higher low tiers at best.

I meant guys like Chilla JC Danny B Dot Ill Will Bigg K etc....

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Those guys are top tier imo. I don't always agree with Surf but I think there's 3 tiers, and 3 tiers within the 3 tiers

There's
Low tier:
Low low tier: Basically the Crucible nikkas (Not on Caffeine cards yet, or even cards that have trailers)

Mid low tier: nikkas who graduated from crucible like Kid Slade, Bambino, Sheed Happens (Graduated to opening acts on lower URL cards, sporadic caffeine appearances)

Top low tier: Tru Foe, Quban, Henny Man, type nikkas (Consistently on lower tier/non-Caffeine cards, and once in a while will be on a low tier Caffeine card)

Mid tier
Low mid tier: Don Marino, Jai 400 Block, Stuey Newton, (Can get booked for any low URL card, and have a outside shot at making a bigger URL card as an opener or second day battle)

Mid mid tier: Tink Da Demon, Glueazy, Ryda, Bad Newz, Steamz, Ace Amin, Snakeeyez, Nunn Nunn (Can be middle of the card on any low/mid URL event, and could potentially open up on a big URL card if they have the right opponent)

Top mid tier: Drugz, Fonz, Mike P, Kid Chaos, Swamp, Jakkboy Maine, Lu Castro, Real Sikh (Mainstays and can mainevent a smaller URL cards on Caffeine with the right opponent, and can be middle/opening card battlers for bigger events like SM and NOME).

Top tier
Low top tier: JC, Chilla, B Dot, Suge, Cortez, Ave, O-Red, Loso (Can be the A-side of the mainevent on a smaller URL caffeine event, have multiple appearances on big URL events, and could be the second to last on a big card with the right opponent)

Mid top tier: JJDD, Twork, Rum Nitty, Chess, Eazy Da Block Captain, Danny Myers (Can mainevent a big URL card with the right opponent, mainstays on big cards, can mainevent any small URL card they want)

Top top tier: Tsu Surf, Tay Roc, Daylyt, Aye Verb, Geechi, Hollow, T-Rex, DNA, Arsonal, Charlie Clips, Calicoe, Goodz (Can mainevent any card on URL from Summer Madness, to NOME to special events and be the A-Side of the event)

Special attractions: Lux, Mook, Hitman, Cassidy (Automatically the biggest battle/battler on the card types. The A-side over the top top tier guys)

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Those guys are top tier imo. I don't always agree with Surf but I think there's 3 tiers, and 3 tiers within the 3 tiers

There's
Low tier:
Low low tier: Basically the Crucible nikkas (Not on Caffeine cards yet, or even cards that have trailers)

Mid low tier: nikkas who graduated from crucible like Kid Slade, Bambino, Sheed Happens (Graduated to opening acts on lower URL cards, sporadic caffeine appearances)

Top low tier: Tru Foe, Quban, Henny Man, type nikkas (Consistently on lower tier/non-Caffeine cards, and once in a while will be on a low tier Caffeine card)

Mid tier
Low mid tier: Don Marino, Jai 400 Block, Stuey Newton, (Can get booked for any low URL card, and have a outside shot at making a bigger URL card as an opener or second day battle)

Mid low tier: Tink Da Demon, Glueazy, Ryda, Bad Newz, Steamz, Ace Amin, Snakeeyez, Nunn Nunn (Can be middle of the card on any low/mid URL event, and could potentially open up on a big URL card if they have the right opponent)

Top low tier: Drugz, Fonz, Mike P, Kid Chaos, Swamp, Jakkboy Maine, Lu Castro, Real Sikh (Mainstays and can mainevent a smaller URL cards on Caffeine with the right opponent, and can be middle/opening card battlers for bigger events like SM and NOME).

Top tier
Low top tier: JC, Chilla, B Dot, Suge, Cortez, Ave, O-Red, Loso (Can be the A-side of the mainevent on a smaller URL caffeine event, have multiple appearances on big URL events, and could be the second to last on a big card with the right opponent)

Mid top tier: JJDD, Twork, Rum Nitty, Chess, Eazy Da Block Captain, Danny Myers (Can mainevent a big URL card with the right opponent, mainstays on big cards, can mainevent any small URL card they want)

Top top tier: Tsu Surf, Tay Roc, Daylyt, Aye Verb, Geechi, Hollow, T-Rex, DNA, Arsonal, Charlie Clips, Calicoe, Goodz (Can mainevent any card on URL from Summer Madness, to NOME to special events and be the A-Side of the event)

Special attractions: Lux, Mook, Hitman, Cassidy (Automatically the biggest battle/battler on the card types. The A-side over the top top tier guys)
I appreciate solid breakdowns.
Good shyt my nikka.

Repped :salute:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's what I've assumed. I got guys like Suge, JC, Danny, Ill Will, etc., as the mid tiers. Dudes like Jakkboy and Ryda don't really register to me.

If we're including those aforementioned guys as top tiers, then the top tier bracket is HUGE, and being a "top tier" is relatively meaningless at that point. There has to be some sort of delineation in my mind.

But if you break it into low/mid/high top/mid/low tiers like @FreshAIG did, it changes things. When I was saying all of the mid tiers are pretty much bigger than any female battler outside of Jaz, I was referring to guys like Rum Nitty and JC.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Yall gone watch that Intiation? I want to see Fonz and Tink and I was hoping Don would get NXT up out of here but he sick as shyt right now.