Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Roc never battled in Baltimore on the URL. Geechi literally has home games. The events are like 20 minutes from his house he said.

Roc had east coast battles but as a NYer, trust me, we consider anything NJ and down country nikkas lol.

I feel like this "home game" thing is gonna become an angle on Geechi in the future

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I feel like this "home game" thing is gonna become an angle on Geechi in the future

it’s exacerbated by the fact that he’s getting prime Nitty reaction for extremely basic shyt. People aren’t really screaming helium at Danny (maybe outside of the Roc battle) or B Dot because they’re actually spitting shyt that warrants reaction. Geechi does on occasion, but he goes into battles knowing that he can spit shyt like ‘bald in his stomach like Nunu’s baby’ and get a Big T ‘piece behind his head’ type of reaction. Angle could be effective because the criticism has some merit

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
it’s exacerbated by the fact that he’s getting prime Nitty reaction for extremely basic shyt. People aren’t really screaming helium at Danny (maybe outside of the Roc battle) or B Dot because they’re actually spitting shyt that warrants reaction. Geechi does on occasion, but he goes into battles knowing that he can spit shyt like ‘bald in his stomach like Nunu’s baby’ and get a Big T ‘piece behind his head’ type of reaction. Angle could be effective because the criticism has some merit

hmmm. This could lead to a very nasty hollow da don style "kit kat" haymaker if someone pulls it off properly. Interesting times ahead.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I believe part of the reason Geechi gets away with the basic bars is the "Nah, he probably really will do that" factor. As cool as Geechi acts, nothing about him makes me think he's not what he's saying he is. That plays a big factor. Believability for Geechi is peak Math times 10.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I believe part of the reason Geechi gets away with the basic bars is the "Nah, he probably really will do that" factor. As cool as Geechi acts, nothing about him makes me think he's not what he's saying he is. That plays a big factor. Believability for Geechi is peak Math times 10.

The ol "gucci mane" conundrum. What do u think could diffuse that?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
The ol "gucci mane" conundrum. What do u think could diffuse that?
I don't think it'll be diffused but eventually everyone's style gets played and they have to revamp. Geechi did have a small little down slope in like 2020 I think, where people got tired of him, but he got his second wind.