Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Absolutely.
Geechi has made everyone aware of it, and respect it though.

i remember people dismissed it and laughed at verb... said stop whining and all that.
Part of people downplaying Verb bringing up “home game” discussions before is because Verb was 90% responsible of his own disadvantage battling in NY by DISSING New York and deciding to battle there expecting no concequences.

Verb skipping over THAT and playing the “villain” and “victim” card when it was convenient was disingenuous.

You can’t DISS nikkas and then cry “Why they don’t fukk with me :sadcam: and expect empathy.

Even tho the topic of “home game advantage” was a very valid one.

Anybody that followed Battlerap knows that Yung Ill, Hitman Holla (after the Cortez battle) and B Magic were some of the most loved battlers in NY. And they were FROM St. Louis.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That homefield shyt is why Geechi's run has an asterisk by it for me. I feel like Roc had the most genuine run in URL.

I completely agree and feel ez run will be better. Geechi won’t beat ez at Webster hall if they do this battle for summer madness

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Cant this apply to Roc too though?
Roc never battled in Baltimore on the URL. Geechi literally has home games. The events are like 20 minutes from his house he said.

Roc had east coast battles but as a NYer, trust me, we consider anything NJ and down country nikkas lol.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roc never battled in Baltimore on the URL. Geechi literally has home games. The events are like 20 minutes from his house he said.

Roc had east coast battles but as a NYer, trust me, we consider anything NJ and down country nikkas lol.

Not to mention that Roc climbed out of the bodybag that Clips put him in, and reached the top, by having nothing but away games. Roc shouldn't even be in this conversation