Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This was a really good interview.

Hollow is an ill dude, very calculated.
There are time limits for this battle. Hollow 2-1

I don't see how he outsmarts DNA. Hillow still has a bunch of fresh-ish angles on him as well. DNA legitimately doesn't like him, so I see him going all out.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm still confused by this.
Was she cheating on Mike P with Ryda? The only way this makes sense. Unless everybody getting with virgins.
She wasn’t cheating on Mike P, from what we know. Mike easily could have easily diffused this angle when it was first brought up but his original reaction to it is gonna keep this around forever.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Hell if im Caffeine im trying to buy the URL.

Without battle rap, that app ain’t shyt.
100% they should buy out URL and keep Smack and Beasley and Cheeko on as executives to run the operations. The only problem would be who would own the app. Im sure they’re making so much money off the App, they wouldn’t want to relinquish the rights.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I would hate URL selling to Caffeine though, its like every business in this system gotta eventually sell out to some company with more money. they already adding gay rappers and white boys, imagine when its caffeine actually controlling shyt

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If URL is what keeps caffeine afloat is it really profitable enough for caffeine to not say fukk it and give it up all together?

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She wasn’t cheating on Mike P, from what we know. Mike easily could have easily diffused this angle when it was first brought up but his original reaction to it is gonna keep this around forever.

This is why I said that this is the easiest angle for Mike P to deflect, he could've been past this by just pointing out that none of us are getting with virgins, and that shorty upgraded by marrying him instead after not getting anywhere with them bum nikkas. Basically wear that shyt like armor so that no one can use it against him.

But deep down Mike P does truly feel like a sucka (which is like weird) and it shows, hence why folks are gonna keep going in on that angle.

Though I won't lie, the fact that this is an angle that could even be weaponized also really telling :heh: Like shorty slept with other guys before Mike P...and? As long as she wasn't cheating on him..like what's the problem :heh: It's juvenile tbh

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
If URL is what keeps caffeine afloat is it really profitable enough for caffeine to not say fukk it and give it up all together?
Caffeine is a startup company, most companies don't turn profits for years, sometimes decades. That's why you need a shyt ton of money to run a business, which they pretty much got from investors. They got 100 Million from Fox, and money from Cox Enterprises and Sanabil Investments. Kevin Durant is invested in them too. They got close to 300 Million in total in investments. They only been really around for 2 years as a fully operating company. I don't see them eliminating literally the only entity that's generating them views. I don't believe they've come up with a system yet that makes them any profits. They don't have ad-revenue, they don't have a subscription service, they don't have merchandise. Only thing I see you can really pay for on their site is by buying props for their broadcasters.

I think sooner or later, Caffeine is gonna have to add a subscription service or ad-revenue. For now, I think they're trying to build a big enough audience to come watch them. URL been keeping them afloat doing it, which is why they have to keep pumping out content. So while URL isn't making them any money yet, the pay outs to fund URL events is just the cost of doing business to gain a following. And since all of the URL/Caffeine events are pretty much produced all in-house (Caffeine camera crew, caffeine studios, caffeine staff who are already salaried probably)...they save a lot of money. The only thing they spend a lot on is battlers. Which is nothing to them. Even if they spend 300K-500K for big events, and around 50-100K to the smaller cards like Super Fight, that's nothing for Caffeine.

If I was Caffeine, I'd worry about URL going elsewhere more than vice versa. There's been a few big conglomerates who have shown interest in purchasing the brand.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
For the record. Mike P beat Ryda clear. Had Mike P not acted the way he did afterwards the results on the app would look different. Mike P still ass though