Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the time this battle happens (if it ever does) we aren’t gonna be interested in seeing it.

Yes we will lmao. Day just got back in the convo to battle Lux, off the Roc battle last year lol. It took 6 or 7 years for Lux vs Hollow to happen, and nobody batted an eye about it taking forever to happen.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yes we will lmao. Day just got back in the convo to battle Lux, off the Roc battle last year lol. It took 6 or 7 years for Lux vs Hollow to happen, and nobody batted an eye about it taking forever to happen.
Lux still had the aura then. I say this as resident Belovedhood. He's not the same draw. He's looked human a few times, and fans are as fickle as ever.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the time this battle happens (if it ever does) we aren’t gonna be interested in seeing it.

It feels like Daylyt really lowered his stock after that Los battle or sumn, the whole feel for the Lux battle seems so much less appealing now.

Lux can put up 2 or 3 underwhelming to decent performances straight and somehow his stock and adoration doesn't dwindle, it's like them shyts never happened, he's still the pinnacle and looked at as the final boss. Daylyt can't do that, maybe because he never really was that to begin with, he was just being held like that off the Roc performance alone. He shouldn't have battled anyone until he battled Lux.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
It feels like Daylyt really lowered his stock after that Los battle or sumn, the whole feel for the Lux battle seems so much less appealing now.

Lux can put up 2 or 3 underwhelming to decent performances straight and somehow his stock and adoration doesn't dwindle, it's like them shyts never happened, he's still the pinnacle and looked at as the final boss. Daylyt can't do that, maybe because he never really was that to begin with, he was just being held like that off the Roc performance alone. He shouldn't have battled anyone until he battled Lux.

Say what now Chuck....

Lux respect has definitely dwindled since his Hollow battle. Because thats last time he was actually stellar. Take JC and Dannys last 5 performances against Lux last 5. JC and Danny win that by a landsllllllllllddddddd. And the Daylyt that battled Los is better than the Lux that battled Surf hehehehe

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I would say Lux stock has dwindled from the Hollow battle, there are fans out there that definitely feel like he’s been “just okay” to “wack” for his last 5 battles or so. The thing about that, is Lux is graded differently than other battlers. I compare what Lux is going to now to like Nas in 1999. You know how Nas dropped Illmatic and It Was Written, so his legacy was cemented early as one of the GOATS. Lux has the same thing, he will always have an aura because he has 3 of the greatest battle rap performances ever (Miles, Calicoe and Hollow). That’s the equivalent of dropping 3 universal classic albums. Once you do that, you can get away with a lot but on the flip side, the expectations fans have of you is much higher than the average battler. So when Lux battles and he doesn’t shift the culture and it’s just “good” it gets downgraded to “He was wack” because he was for HIM, for an average battler, his last few performances have been good showings. Chilla and B Dot said this recently, if a new battler rapped how Lux did in his last few showings, fans would be talking about him like he’s the about to be the next biggest thing in the culture.

As far as Daylyt there’s a few reasons his aura will never be on that level

1) He’s not a pioneer, there’s a certain level of respect you garner when you’re a major influence and started a style.

2) Too much antics and trolling in the past made his margin for error razor thin. So he basically has to have a Roc performance every time to keep his aura. He has a hardcore fan base that will look at him as the GOAT no matter what he does, but in general, he’s looked at as “One of the best pens in battle rap, but he’s a weirdo/goofy nikka”.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say Lux stock has dwindled from the Hollow battle, there are fans out there that definitely feel like he’s been “just okay” to “wack” for his last 5 battles or so. The thing about that, is Lux is graded differently than other battlers. I compare what Lux is going to now to like Nas in 1999. You know how Nas dropped Illmatic and It Was Written, so his legacy was cemented early as one of the GOATS. Lux has the same thing, he will always have an aura because he has 3 of the greatest battle rap performances ever (Miles, Calicoe and Hollow). That’s the equivalent of dropping 3 universal classic albums. Once you do that, you can get away with a lot but on the flip side, the expectations fans have of you is much higher than the average battler. So when Lux battles and he doesn’t shift the culture and it’s just “good” it gets downgraded to “He was wack” because he was for HIM, for an average battler, his last few performances have been good showings. Chilla and B Dot said this recently, if a new battler rapped how Lux did in his last few showings, fans would be talking about him like he’s the about to be the next biggest thing in the culture.

As far as Daylyt there’s a few reasons his aura will never be on that level

1) He’s not a pioneer, there’s a certain level of respect you garner when you’re a major influence and started a style.

2) Too much antics and trolling in the past made his margin for error razor thin. So he basically has to have a Roc performance every time to keep his aura. He has a hardcore fan base that will look at him as the GOAT no matter what he does, but in general, he’s looked at as “The best pen in battle rap, but he’s a weirdo/goofy nikka”.

Good points, you right. I feel like whenever I hear battle rappers speak about Lux tho they always speak of him like he's M. Bison, I was speaking more about how they view him than the fans. I've heard some downplay him too, but for the most part he seems like the big dog, regardless of the hiccups here and there. Daylyt was kinda sorta getting that reverence too for a hot minute, at least it felt like that, after the Roc showing. That shyt dissipated immediately after the Los shyt tho. Daylyt's Roc performance, coupled with him constantly putting/forcing himself in the same breath as Lux and gassing up this endgame battle, tricked some of us into viewing him on Lux's level for a little bit, lol.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Good time to bring these back :sas1:
Believe anything daylyt says breh :francis:

With that said, Lux is not gonna take Daylyt just because.

Daylyt woulda had a way bigger chance of getting Lux if he didn't do all that fukkery and just proved himself skill wise.

Lux has been on record sayin he doesn't feel comfortable battling Daylyt because as a man he doesn't respect his morals and actions.
Mannn I don't believe a COTDAMN word Daylyt be sayin

He's a proven pathological liar with this rap shyt
Daylyt is a known liar, yet nikkas really believe he had the bag for Lux LMAO
Daylyt loses to damn near anybody anyway
Believe anything Daylyt says :francis::sas2:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Good points, you right. I feel like whenever I hear battle rappers speak about Lux tho they always speak of him like he's M. Bison, I was speaking more about how they view him than the fans. I've heard some downplay him too, but for the most part he seems like the big dog, regardless of the hiccups here and there. Daylyt was kinda sorta getting that reverence too for a hot minute, at least it felt like that, after the Roc showing. That shyt dissipated immediately after the Los shyt tho. Daylyt's Roc performance, coupled with him constantly putting/forcing himself in the same breath as Lux and gassing up this endgame battle, tricked some of us into viewing him on Lux's level for a little bit, lol.
Nah, I feel you. I think it's just with Lux, him and Mook are end game battles. Daylyt isn't. You're right after the Roc performance, people put him there, but in order for him to stay there, he'd have to do that every time, because there's a lot of other factors that play into being the "end game" battle that Daylyt lacks.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Nah, I feel you. I think it's just with Lux, him and Mook are end game battles. Daylyt isn't. You're right after the Roc performance, people put him there, but in order for him to stay there, he'd have to do that every time, because there's a lot of other factors that play into being the "end game" battle that Daylyt lacks.

I think we only see "End Game" Daylyt against street style rappers like Roc, Shine, Nitty, etc. Unpopular opinion but I think Daylyt is going to be so fixated on rapping in the most layered way possible against Lux that it's not going to have that immediate wow factor like people are thinking. We caught of glimpse of him just trying to be layered for no reason against Los and I think the Lux battle is going to be similar. Daylyt is at his best when he just focuses on punching like the Roc battle.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Daylyt is NOT an endgame. He damn near loses every battle, rarely attacks his opponent, and says a lot of corny shyt. Dude has like a 100 battles and does not deliver replay value battles.

I have no idea why people seem to gravitate to him.
Yup
Daylyt is a known liar, yet nikkas really believe he had the bag for Lux LMAO
Daylyt loses to damn near anybody anyway :camby:
Daylyt is a very skilled writer, I won’t take that away from him. But he’a a professional loser that marketed his way up using the disfunctional behavior in Battlerap by sayin “well, if you lose you get bigger battles” (which was true)

Fans were dumb enough to adopt it like he actually lost battles on purpose.

He transcended that Tay Roc battle and beat the game by becoming upper echelon to fans while having done the bare minimum to get there

He’s a master manipulator, I’ll give him that too