Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Im not even mad at that reasoning. I rarely enjoy artists outside of their prime, so I get it. That’s why I’m like why are they even discussing this?

:scust:Once they’re aware these artists listen to the show, the dyck riding gets out of control.

The fact that these guys have never met in person yet after all these years is still kind of crazy to me.

The fact that Watson is Galvatron from back in the SOHH is still wild to me. I wonder if he knows about this message board. I remember when Cormega dissed him in an interview years ago. :mjlol:

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Listening to them often and just knowing how old heads are, they hold Nas to unrealistic standards of Illmatic and It Was Written. So if he's not making those type of albums, then they act like it's trash. Nas isn't that same artists anymore, not sure why they expect him to make music like that now, or make music like Ransom and RJ Payne make. Ransom and RJ are two of my current favorites, but Nas never rapped like them. Nas rapping was poetic and storytelling based and just happened to be super lyrical. Ransom has some substance but it's pretty surface level stuff and more just show casing his lyricism and RJ is 100% just aggression and barring out. He doesn't really tell stories, create concepts or get philosophical.

I respect they give a lot of attention to artists that often are overlooked by mainstream media, but it's funny how out of touch they are with modern Hip Hop. I'm enjoying Pap's monthly projects but they treat them like he's reinventing the wheel and dropping 4.5-5 mic projects every month and it's laughable. They're literally the one two people probably on planet Earth that think in 2021 Papoose is the MVP of Hip Hop. It's like they live in their own reality sometimes.
Nas isn't rapping to show he can rap with these projects, he is a natural so he still sounds dope rapping, but people more so questioned the musicality and never his pen so while i think his having had bad production is overstated it made sense for him to address that and basically provide grown man talk over modern production, it might not be what someone still comparing everything to illmatic wants, but its the most effective approach at this stage in his career and feeling like you can still add new elements is what motivates his type of artist and clearly he is enjoying himself because he is getting more money outside of rap than ever, but is more active than he has been in years

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that Watson is Galvatron from back in the SOHH is still wild to me. I wonder if he knows about this message board. I remember when Cormega dissed him in an interview years ago. :mjlol:
:wow:

Damn, I’m surprised I never knew that.

And it just hit me that I’ve been on SOHH/The Coli since 2000 when I was 14 years old. That shyt is crazy. :flabbynsick:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:wow:

Damn, I’m surprised I never knew that.

And it just hit me that I’ve been on SOHH/The Coli since 2000 when I was 14 years old. That shyt is crazy. :flabbynsick:

I joined sohh when I was 17, I’m 38 lol

My wifey always says “You the only nikka still on message boards in 2021” :mjlol:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

who yall got

ended up with eazy nitty kid chaos goodz and lu castro

goodz gonna hate himself in my group

Last edited:

JBQH

Pro
Daps
I just can’t see Summer Madness having 6 battles with one of those being the finals of UM4. That battle is like an opening act at a concert right now. I think they’ll announce another.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I just can’t see Summer Madness having 6 battles with one of those being the finals of UM4. That battle is like an opening act at a concert right now. I think they’ll announce another.
DNA said there's 1 more battle they haven't announced

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

who yall got

Daylyt, Daylyt, DaylytDaylytDaylyt

CCFiWgF.gif